Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect some help!!

(10 Posts)
farnywarny Mon 01-Aug-11 10:46:45

We had an impromptu party last night following a day at the races with a few friends and all their children.

AIBU to expect not to be running round like a headless chicken feeding all the children, fetching all the drinks, finding entertainment for all the children, tidying round after everyone

All while DP is in the garden being the chilled, funny and entertaining one of the 2 of us because all our friends see is me being stressed and busy

Grrrrr – MEN!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 01-Aug-11 10:52:46

Have you asked for help, or allocated tasks? Could the dc also help?

GypsyMoth Mon 01-Aug-11 10:55:06

He does it cos you let him!

upahill Mon 01-Aug-11 10:58:30

Why didn't you say ' Darling, need a lift here!!'

SenoritaViva Mon 01-Aug-11 11:00:17

I agree with others, you need to delegate. e.g. 'Hey DH, so and so needs some more wine over here, can you pop in and get the bottle and check everyone has got what they want?' Then he can still be entertaining etc. AND help.

farnywarny Mon 01-Aug-11 11:25:15

I did ask him for help - and got a slurred 'I will be there in a minute, chill out babe'

Everyone there are originally HIS friends, and they must think I am such a crank not being able to enjoy myself because I was so busy trying to make sure they were all ok

ChaoticAngelofGryffindor Mon 01-Aug-11 11:30:33

Then stop, get a glass of wine and sit down. His friends he can entertain them.

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 01-Aug-11 11:32:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bananasplitz Mon 01-Aug-11 13:30:58

ahh the smell of burning martyr in the evening smile

upahill Mon 01-Aug-11 13:44:09

Honestly I would have plonked myself down with a glass of wine and let people get on with it once it became clear that I was expected to be the waitress for the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now