Talk

Advanced search

To consider questions for a parenting license? What questions would you ask?

(28 Posts)
NeedToSleepZZZ Sun 31-Jul-11 17:56:38

Not serious!!!

Question 1: Your DC has decided to 'decorate' the walls with your nail varnish, do you
a) praise their creativeness and take another photo for the album
b) involve them in a deep conversation about the price of nail varnish and wallpaper
c) ignore it
d) count to ten then tell them off/ put them in time out etc and make them help you clean it up

Anymore questions?
Btw I did the painting the walls with nail varnish as a child grin

Ripeberry Sun 31-Jul-11 18:00:00

Why not try and keep the nail varnish out of reach in the first place? hmm
Pick your fights and risk asses, that's the best parenting advise grin

hellospoon Sun 31-Jul-11 18:02:03

Haha!

You have enough money for only one of the following items which do you buy?

1) A greggs sausage roll + fruit shoot
2) A days worth of electric for the meter
3) 10 fags.

hellospoon Sun 31-Jul-11 18:02:03

Haha!

You have enough money for only one of the following items which do you buy?

1) A greggs sausage roll + fruit shoot
2) A days worth of electric for the meter
3) 10 fags.

LineRunner Sun 31-Jul-11 18:03:23

Question 2
Are you feckless?

If you answer either 'Yes' or 'What does that mean?', lose child license.

If you answer 'No', collect all the babies you want from the hatch marked 'Reclaimed from the Feckless' to your right.

Sorry, other thread at the mo' annoying me slightly. I know it's not a joking subject.

joric Sun 31-Jul-11 18:29:18

Your DC has a tantrum in supermarket ... Do you
1 scream 'get 'ere now, grab DC arm and scream ' I've had enough of you - you're gettin nothin' now'.
2 look hmm and tell DC calmly that if they don't stop you will leave.
3 BEG DC to stop with the promise of a doughnut.

(I ALWAYS do 3 do 2 BTW)

prettyfly1 Sun 31-Jul-11 18:32:20

Urrmm - Joric I see people doing all three of those and tbh dont think any of them are out of the ordinary realm of parenting (says someone who frequently does 1 and 3 - two wouldnt work as the whole AIM of shopping misbehaviour is to get out of shopping).

Q. Does your partner have four children already with three other women, none of whom he pays for.

Tortington Sun 31-Jul-11 18:33:22

you want to have a child but you are under 17 are you
a) someone with daddy issues
b) someone who needs love
c) a bit thick
d) can't get a job and so opening your legs is all your good at

<just for fun>

joric Sun 31-Jul-11 18:39:23

Prettyfly...... Urrmmm...... IMHO
1. screaming and grabbing arm =not great
2. Calm =good
3. Bribing =not great.....

<wonders why I'm sitting here explaining this..>

LineRunner Sun 31-Jul-11 18:42:24

This is going to be one of those 'fun' threads that makes us all miserable, isn't it?

joric Sun 31-Jul-11 18:43:41

Just has ;)

joric Sun 31-Jul-11 18:44:00

!!!

Helenagrace Sun 31-Jul-11 18:45:01

You've chosen a popular name for your child. Is this

a) a good thing 'cos Chardonnay will really, like, fit in wiv 'er classmates
b a good thing, as long as all the other identically named children's parents own half of Tuscany and a fair proportion of Surrey.
c) a bad thing. I really though I was the only one who'd thought of spelling it Chardonayeee
d) Terrible. How can anyone steal my name? I've wanted Pesephone since I was a baby myself.

TheGoddessBlossom Sun 31-Jul-11 18:47:25

Question 1 = have you ever managed to do housework, be responsible for anyone other than yourself, and drive a car on less than 4 hours sleep for 4 weeks or more?

Question 2 = how often do you row with your other half? What impact would doubling that amount have on your relationship and how would you manage that impact?

Question 3 = list the following in priority order, highest first: 8 hours uninterrupted sleep; a social life; underwired bras; being within a stone of your normal weight; seeing your child's first steps

BlimminEck Sun 31-Jul-11 18:47:47

explain in 500 words or less ways to use your kid to obtain more benefits

youarekidding Sun 31-Jul-11 18:48:29

Your cooking dinner and DC are whining stating they are starving the whole time your cooking. You sit and table, they look at it and annouce they aren't hungry and ask to get down. Do you:

1. Let them get down and play with what they want, providing snacks when they are hungry.
2. let them get down and play, but no snacks.
3. Make them eat it.
4. make them sit there, but making no fuss about whether they eat it or not, providing snacks when they are hungry.
5. as no 4 but no snacks.

Actually very interested in the answers, as DS has started this one. <sigh>

youarekidding Sun 31-Jul-11 18:51:31

godess your Q3 is hard. Out of all of them I would have liked to see my child's first steps - as I missed them in RL. grin.

LineRunner Sun 31-Jul-11 18:53:59

youarekidding, the correct answer is 2 or 5.

I did 1, and DS is about to fall through the floorboards.

alowVera Sun 31-Jul-11 19:03:15

Q1, which would you prefer, a child that does talk, or a child that won't shut up?

Q2, do you consider bath time as a good indicator that it will soon be wine o'clock?

Q3, do you worry that Chardonnaay (3) and Chavianna (4) should have makeup and hair done before they go out t o play after tea?

youarekidding Sun 31-Jul-11 19:10:12

Thanks line I thought 2 & 5, DS thinks I'm mean and U. I don't agree with 3. DS thinks it should be 1. grin Can you tell its the school holidays. wink

youarekidding Sun 31-Jul-11 19:11:15

chavianna <snort!>

LineRunner Sun 31-Jul-11 19:13:28

Yes, youarekidding; and my son thinks it's Mars Bars O'clock.

zukiecat Sun 31-Jul-11 19:19:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LineRunner Sun 31-Jul-11 19:20:40

I hasten to add my DS is a sporting legend.

oiwheresthecoffee Sun 31-Jul-11 19:21:58

Godess i would rate 8 hours of sleep highest. Then Wesight then social life...then maybe childs first steps wink However i just want to add that my mum managed to miss my first steps by havin her first evening out with my dad in about 6 months..bless her i dont think its impacted on our relationship. Although obviously i would like to see my childs first steps if possible !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now