Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want a skunk free garden?

(29 Posts)
Nagini Sun 31-Jul-11 11:23:56

We live in a terrace.

Recently there is a strong smell of skunk all the time I go out in the garden.

What can I do about it? I've seen the neighbours enjoying the odd bong out of my bathroom window on occasion, but I think it is someone else growing it, as the smell is 'fresh' and constant.

It is really strong, and my DS asks what it is. I am put off sitting out because of it.

What can I realistically do about it? Will the police be interested?

envy

Erm, ask for some clippings of their lovely, unusual plants ? <<runs off>>

crazynanna Sun 31-Jul-11 11:27:06

I will come round and remove it for you,if you wish wink

IvyAndGold Sun 31-Jul-11 11:27:59

I am disappointed to find this is not the skunk of the black and white variety grin

The police should be interested, and if you make an official complaint I think they are obliged to follow it up.

Whatmeworry Sun 31-Jul-11 11:28:27

Oh, that sort of skunk.....didn't know it grew outside in the UK ( ie wonder if one of the houses is a skunk farm)

Nagini Sun 31-Jul-11 11:30:02

I can't see it, so yes I think it is indoors.

bubbub Sun 31-Jul-11 11:35:55

i opened this really expecting it to be the stinky animal skunk. am slightly disapointed.
no advice sorry... i wouldnt have had any for animal skunks either though, having never met one.

Meglet Sun 31-Jul-11 11:48:24

I'd call the police. As its such a strong smell its probably wafting around several back gardens.

When the winds in the right direction it wafts a long way.

Countingwiththecount Sun 31-Jul-11 12:05:08

I thought you were referring to those very stinky animals. How innocent I am wink

scurryfunge Sun 31-Jul-11 12:07:35

Call crimestoppers and leave a message.

loopylou6 Sun 31-Jul-11 12:50:36

envy Im with cheesetoastie

discobeaver Sun 31-Jul-11 14:31:30

I think it would grow outdoors in the U.k it's quite hardy stuff.
Am also on team Apocolypse.
It won't honk for very long, sure it will be harvested soon.
Perhaps some loud comments about the stinky weed might prompt the growers to cull the stuff?

BeerTricksPotter Sun 31-Jul-11 14:36:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Or set the lot on fire and invite everyone round to inhale the fumes

<<ponders>>

I can remember a while ago when they set fire to those fields of marajuana or whatever it was, great fun was had teasing my stoner bro with clips from youtube. Oh how he mourned, I swear he was sniffing his pc screen grin

oldraver Sun 31-Jul-11 15:14:37

When this subject come up I always think of Saving Grace.

We also have some one out the back that is smoking stuff, I'm not sure if its the new young very loud family that have moved in or any of the other residents all of whom are over 70. grin

BettySpaghettiOnAJetty Sun 31-Jul-11 16:14:58

My local home bargains reeks of it at the back of the shop. Probably coming from the flats above. Always makes me snigger a bit when I go in there.

oldsilver Sun 31-Jul-11 16:31:20

Recently we have had this problem with some neighbours a few doors up - I said in a large loud voice - "I have no problem with what you are doing but it is 2 in the afternoon and there are lots of children playing outside and my son has already asked what the strange smell is, and I'd rather not have it in my kitchen - Just think of the children !!!!!" Seemed to have stopped now during the day smile

OohThatsMyTractor Sun 31-Jul-11 16:35:22

I thought this was going to be a thread about the black and white stripy animals so beloved of Disney - what a disappointment! grin If I were you I'd drop an anonymous line to your local community support officer/police officer, either that or have yourself a really big bonfire/bbq grin

kickassmunkiii Sun 31-Jul-11 19:46:56

Ooooh I like Oldsilvers suggestion!

Hope it gets sorted soon.

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 31-Jul-11 19:54:10

I also initially thought of the cute but smelly animals.
But as OP knows the vernacular I'd suggest she gathers a few leaves for herself and then sends some to me.

HowlingBitch Sun 31-Jul-11 20:23:29

shock! Pot heads on MN? Well I never... grin

GeraldineAubergine Sun 31-Jul-11 20:35:13

Lay a trail of doughnuts and small cans of heineken in your back garden and the skunk growers will be easy to trap.

BeerTricksPotter Sun 31-Jul-11 20:36:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spiderpig8 Sun 31-Jul-11 20:37:09

I found some growing in my octagenarans grandparents garden!

Amapoleon Sun 31-Jul-11 20:40:56

There is also a plant that smells very similar. I was on the bus the other day and an old man got on and the bus wreaked. I was shocked and kept an eye on the old man, not quite believing what I was smelling. As he got off I noticed he had a huge bagful of some sort of plant but it definitely wasn't weed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now