Talk

Advanced search

To think that it's time I knew why you all talk about nice ham.

(7 Posts)
neepsntatties Sun 31-Jul-11 04:23:37

Because I have just had a dream about it! In my dream I was helping a friend choose hymns for her wedding and one of the songs had a lyric about nice ham. I thought to myself 'Ah, so that's where that is from!' then woke up.

I am assuming this dream is not in anyway prophetic and think if I am dreaming about it then it is time I knew the true story!

giraffesCantZumba Sun 31-Jul-11 06:46:50

you need to read shopping list thread in classics

yellowsubmarine41 Sun 31-Jul-11 07:01:28

The only other time I heard about 'nice ham' was amongst other snazzy food in Dagenham girls. Is this where it came from?

jubilee10 Sun 31-Jul-11 08:54:27

I have to buy "nice ham" as ds doesn't like "the plastic stuff"

QOD Sun 31-Jul-11 09:13:22

My shopping list shows "cat ham" and "ham". If I was having people over for ham, it would also say "nice ham"

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 31-Jul-11 09:20:43

I don't know the MN definition but to me there's 'real ham'... which is the whole muscle gammon, bone in or bone out, that you have to cook, glaze, whatever. And then there are the reformed gammon and bacon joints/steaks that are pale-looking, very circular and usually encased in a plastic sleeve to stop them falling apart.

neepsntatties Sun 31-Jul-11 10:32:40

I found the thread although I don't seem to be able to find the original nice ham post in it. Perhaps sleep deprivation is making me a bit blind.

I don't even eat meat so if I had to buy ham I wouldn't know where to start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now