Talk

Advanced search

to drop this friend.

(11 Posts)
lloyd1 Sat 30-Jul-11 23:52:03

I have a friend who we used to be close. Unfortunately she has moved away to another continent so our contact is now via email and facebook.
We have both had a fairly rough year or so. She has lost a parent and I have lost a parent too. When she lost her parent i sent her a private message expressing my sympathy etc. I received nothing except a round robin after my loss. I replied with a personal email updating her on my situation. (Thinking she may not have noticed post) Nothing back.
Its the same with birthdays I always post a Happy Birthday mess. I receive none and neither does anyone get a thank you.
Petty I know but I think this is selfish.

ImperialBlether Sat 30-Jul-11 23:54:43

Just have nothing more to do with her. You have tried to be a good friend to her and she hasn't reciprocated. Delete, delete, delete.

lisad123 Sat 30-Jul-11 23:55:23

is she on the pc that often?
i have friend who rarely reads emails or is on pc.

if not dump her she clearly doesnt care

hairfullofsnakes Sat 30-Jul-11 23:57:23

Firstly I am sorry for your loss x

You are not being petty - some 'friend's' are so bloody inconsiderate, plain RUDE or just not great friends! I know a few people who I al fed up with as it is always me making the effort but o decided to concentrate on those friends who do make an effort and do get in touch and I happier for it! give your time to those friends who Are true friends and do get back to you - you know who they are.

lloyd1 Sat 30-Jul-11 23:57:47

Wish that was an excuse Lisa. Unfortunately it isn't.

niccibabe Sat 30-Jul-11 23:58:12

If it would make you feel better, just stop contacting her. No need to defriend her, or do anything active about it. You won't be making any extra effort, and not causing any offence if she's just been in a bit of a state and been poor at replying to individuals.

AgentZigzag Sat 30-Jul-11 23:59:25

If she lost her parent first, is it possible she wasn't able to deal with your grief as hers was so raw?

lloyd1 Sat 30-Jul-11 23:59:53

Maybe I should give her the benefit of the doubt. She is very busy. Guess I am just a little fragile right now. Thank you for yuor replies.

lloyd1 Sun 31-Jul-11 00:01:11

Good point Agent.

DioneTheDiabolist Sun 31-Jul-11 00:07:04

Do you want to be her friend knowing her communication MO?
If so, keep her. If it hurts you, don't and just keep in touch using the round robin method.

EveryonesJealousOfWeasleys Sun 31-Jul-11 00:13:38

I don't mean this to sound brutal but my first thought is that you've already been dropped yourself. What would happen if you stopped contacting her? Anything? If you don't think that she would get in touch with you, then you have answered your own question.

Give your time and energy to people who want to return it to you. And I am sorry for your loss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now