Advanced search

To be worried??? Husband thinks i'm being silly

(65 Posts)
ilovechoclate Sat 30-Jul-11 20:55:26

Please look at the pictures of my DH's eye on my profile, they are not too clear as i had to zoom and crop but i'm worried about my DH. For months i've noticed his pupils at times are really different in size and in photos one eye looks funny.

The eye i'm worried about seems to have a white mark on the pupil, not the whole pupil just a bit on the bottom. You can only see this in photos. If i try and remove red eye from it there is always a small white area left on the pupil!

He thinks he doesn't need an eye test angry

GilbonzoTheSecretPsychoDuck Sat 30-Jul-11 20:56:07

I can't get your profile

MissPenteuth Sat 30-Jul-11 20:56:09

You need to make your profile public so we can see the photos.

lisad123 Sat 30-Jul-11 20:56:38

profile wont open isit made pubic?

RandomMess Sat 30-Jul-11 20:56:46

your profile is private I think?

book him an appointment and frog march him there?

Sirzy Sat 30-Jul-11 20:57:20

Cant get into your profile. But if you are worried it wont do any test to have an eye test to put your mind at ease

DrPolidori Sat 30-Jul-11 20:57:54

oh for heaven's sake, stop being silly, take him for an eye test. there is no way anyone of here can help in any meaningful way!

If your dH refuses then there is a whole other set of issue to worry about. but no one is going to call you a bad parent for taking your child for an eye test.

Get a grip!

tawrag Sat 30-Jul-11 20:58:25

He needs to see an optician as soon as possible. This could be serious. Het it checked.

ilovechoclate Sat 30-Jul-11 20:58:30

ooooops sorry, profile now public

tawrag Sat 30-Jul-11 20:58:45

Sorry, 'get' not het

Sirzy Sat 30-Jul-11 20:58:47

Sorry I thought you were talking about your child not DH - oops!!

Same goes though, does he have regular eye tests anyway? If not tell him that him going would stop you worrying and that he can - hopefully - say I told you so after!

ilovechoclate Sat 30-Jul-11 21:00:13

thankyou Drpolidri...... thats just the sort of message i want. I'm showing him this thread later. And i do have a grip, this is a grown man in his 40's i'm talking about.

DrPolidori Sat 30-Jul-11 21:00:44

Oops! thought it was a child too!

Same applies though, how old is he?

DogsBestFriend Sat 30-Jul-11 21:01:25

If you're worried take your son to the optician. You don't need your DH's permission nor do you need to discuss it with him, just do what you think is best for your lad.

lisad123 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:01:48

tell him to get his arse down to an eye test. Tell him if your wrong that he can rub it in your face.

ilovechoclate Sat 30-Jul-11 21:02:34

No he doesn't have regular checks, hasn't been since he was child! He says his eye sight seems fine, no pain or other symtoms so he thinks it's nothing.

I'm really just fed up with his attitude to be honest.

Disasterpiece Sat 30-Jul-11 21:02:56

Its her dh not dc. wind your neck in dr.p

TheFogsGettingThicker Sat 30-Jul-11 21:02:57

DrPolidori It is the OP's Husband with the odd looking eye, not her child.
OP - Why don't you print out a picture to show your/an optician? If your DH won't get it checked out, there isn't really anything you can do...he's an adult

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Sat 30-Jul-11 21:03:23

Hi, are you sure they haven't always been like that? Look back in old photos. Old school one's are usually pretty clear.

I have a friend who noticed he had different sized pupils and the gp said it was nothing to worrying about but he saw a specialist anyway (just for curiosity purposes the GP said). Lots of tests later he got the all clear. He didn't have the white mark though just the pupils. Think that was about 7 years ago and still all fine. They said it was likely they had always been like that and even if they hadn't the main thing was that both eyes were working well just slightly differently to each other. Scared the crap out of him though!

somedayillbesaturdaynite Sat 30-Jul-11 21:03:29

erm, i read of a child that this happened to with photos and it was actually a tumour confused

DogsBestFriend Sat 30-Jul-11 21:03:38

On bugger! blush

Sorry, I misread it as DS too... !

If it's DH then it's his call. You've raised a concern but he's an adult, if he isn't fussed/prepared to get it checked there's nothing you CAN do except accept it.

Disasterpiece Sat 30-Jul-11 21:03:45

Major x post. sorry.

ilovechoclate Sat 30-Jul-11 21:03:49

Its my husbands eye, sorry if i was unclear. He is in his 40's, if it were my child we would both have the eyes checked asap

MissVerinder Sat 30-Jul-11 21:03:52

Message to your DH-

Dude, go to the Opticians! They have a camera thing they can use to look right in (my DP has this for his retinopathy) and take a picture so DWilovechocolate will stop worrying.

It'll take like, ten minutes, and when you've been she will feel better. Score.

Message over.

cantspel Sat 30-Jul-11 21:04:10

an internet chat board is no place to deal with this.

Make an appointment at an opticians

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: