Talk

Advanced search

to have just thrown water over my neighbour's cat?

(115 Posts)
StrawHat Sat 30-Jul-11 18:26:59

I usually miss but got him this time.
I have a cat and wouldn't mind someone squirting him out of their garden but I just used a saucepan full and swore at him too.
Cat poo is so yukky. I have put up a fence to stop mine getting into my neighbour's garden after they complained and totally see where they're coming from as they grow a lot of food.
I'm on both sides of this arguement!

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Jul-11 18:27:53

That's a bit cruel.

LineRunner Sat 30-Jul-11 18:28:07

Water is harmless.

Sirzy Sat 30-Jul-11 18:28:40

YANBU. It wont harm the cat but will hopefully stop him coming into your garden again.

StrawHat Sat 30-Jul-11 18:29:38

I agree with you both.
This cat will not run away if hissed at.

SecretNutellaFix Sat 30-Jul-11 18:30:56

As long as it's just water, go for it.

alowVera Sat 30-Jul-11 18:32:07

YANBU. Water won't harm a cat. They're surprisingly waterproof. (I used to have a cat that always jumped in the bath).

LineRunner Sat 30-Jul-11 18:33:37

I have a cat that loves water, too. Slides into baths, paddling pools, etc.

Nah, I have a fat ginger lean, mean crapping machine bastard cat.

Soak away, in fact i'll buy you a nerf gun and some giant car sponges, it might teach the ginger fucker if he has someone else hopping up and down like evil Edna and shaking their fist angry

RandomMess Sat 30-Jul-11 18:34:25

water throwing is def the way to go....... I have offered to buy my neighbours a water pistol for use on my cats but they declined (I think they have a soft spot for them!) I have also offered to go around and clear up after them but they've never taken me up on that offer either!

Fortunately one of them def uses the litter tray 99% of the time.

In fact, keep a load chilled in the fridge for such occasions wink <<evil>>

Eskarina Sat 30-Jul-11 18:36:29

Yanbu. I too have a cat and am quite happy to throw cups of water at interlopers in our garden and would expect the neighbours to do the same to mine. In fact I'd prefer it to the man several doors away who screamed F* off you little F***er or I'll ring your F***ing neck at her.

MadamDeathstare Sat 30-Jul-11 18:38:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleWhiteWolf Sat 30-Jul-11 18:38:35

Nah, go for it. Won't hurt it and its a nice, humane way to deter cats. Bet you don't see him again soon! grin

TheOriginalFAB Sat 30-Jul-11 18:39:51

YABU

Water might not harm the cat but it would have got a fright.

Birdsgottafly Sat 30-Jul-11 18:39:57

I have a young cat, who has access to a litter tray at all times.
If she was trying to 'go' in someones garden i would be happy for them to do this.

motherinferior Sat 30-Jul-11 18:41:49

I've got a cat. I love her dearly. Feel free to chuck water if she craps in your garden though. She's a tough old boot.

StrawHat Sat 30-Jul-11 18:42:34

A fright was my intention.

twofalls Sat 30-Jul-11 18:48:16

My dad uses a water pistol and shouts shoo at the local cats who like to use his veg patch as a toilet When dd2 now sees a cat she runs after then with pretend gun going shooshooshooblush

Anyway, , it won't hurt it.

RevoltingPeasant Sat 30-Jul-11 18:51:59

Madam where did your mum get that gun? DP wants one!!

JustKeepSwimming Sat 30-Jul-11 18:56:51

As a cat owner i often tell people who are complaining about their neighbourhood cats (not necessarily mine i hasten to add!) to spray them, i would not mind at all if someone did it to mine.
In fact i'm sure they have been sprayed, that or fallen in a pond somewhere...

ThePopsicleKat Sat 30-Jul-11 18:58:07

I would be cross if someone chucked a saucepan full of water on my cat.

But then I am quite soppy when it comes to felines, and have never had to deal with cat shit in the garden. I thought most cats bury it, anyway?

MadamDeathstare Sat 30-Jul-11 18:58:21

MadamDeathstare Sat 30-Jul-11 19:00:12

FlamingoBingo Sat 30-Jul-11 19:01:11

YANBU

We spray ours to teach her to stop jumping on the table, and I've chucked water at our local cat gang after two weeks of their little caterwauling parties in the middle of the night outside our bedroom window. They chose a new venue immediately :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now