Talk

Advanced search

To Think The Person Who Keyed My New Car......

(24 Posts)
UKSky Sat 30-Jul-11 11:16:06

.........Should have their keys rammed up their backside with a sharp, pointy stick?

I've had my car 2 weeks. It's taken me a year and a half to save for it as I knew I wasn't going back to work after maternity leave and I'd have to give back my company car. I even sold my motorbike to get it.

Some bastard keyed every panel down one side of the car. In the middle of the day. In a large shopping centre multi-storey carpark. It wasn't even in anyone's way as I was parked on the end of a row.

Yes I know my insurance will fix it but I have to stump up a £400 excess.

AuntieMonica Sat 30-Jul-11 11:16:51

bastards

ThePopsicleKat Sat 30-Jul-11 11:18:49

Gutted for you sad I don't understand what pleasure someone gets from keying a stranger's car.

Kladdkaka Sat 30-Jul-11 11:18:54

You've got to have something seriously wrong with you to go out of your way to do something like this. angry

sue52 Sat 30-Jul-11 11:20:49

Any chance it could have been seen on CCTV? YANBU.

mymumdom Sat 30-Jul-11 11:21:19

I'm so sorry, it's just senseless isn't it sad
We once had our new (to us ) car keyed with the word FUCK on the drivers door. Someone had actually stood in the middle of the path and stopped to write a word. I was furious.
Check for CCTV if it was in a car park.

NettoSuperstar Sat 30-Jul-11 11:21:41

Twats

UKSky Sat 30-Jul-11 11:40:39

Nope no CCTV unfortunately. I already checked on that.

sunshinelifeisgood Sat 30-Jul-11 11:59:45

im sorry to hear that I had it done to me a few years ago. It is horrible and feels personal even though it isnt. I am sure they will get thier comeuppance I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

SeaChelles Sat 30-Jul-11 12:38:37

Some one did that to me today at the supermarket. Large key line from the bonnett to the boot all down the drivers side. Some people are bastards and I hope something horrible happens to who did it. And to whoever did yours too OP.

If I had done something like that just by ACCIDENT I would be mortified with myself, let alone on purpose....

auroraday Sat 30-Jul-11 13:04:10

I'm so sorry for you. sad
They must have stinking, miserable sad little lives if this is how they get their fun. At least you are much better than that.

twoistwiceasfun Sat 30-Jul-11 13:40:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twoistwiceasfun Sat 30-Jul-11 13:40:27

BogChicken Sat 30-Jul-11 13:52:17

PinkSchmoo Sat 30-Jul-11 14:12:58

YABU. I'd suggest a red hot poker to insert the keys. Bound to hurt more.

Countingwiththecount Sat 30-Jul-11 16:05:55

You catch them and it looks like the MN mob will do all the hard ramming work for you. grin

MissPenteuth Sat 30-Jul-11 16:58:22

YANBU. Similar thing happened to my sister when her car was only a few weeks old. I echo AuntieMonica's sentiment. Bastards indeed.

Catslikehats Sat 30-Jul-11 17:04:06

mindless fuckers.

I had my brand new car keyed when it was but two weeks old. If I'd caught the sad little bastards who did it they'd have suffered.

SugarPasteFrog Sat 30-Jul-11 18:21:01

CurlyBoy Sat 30-Jul-11 18:26:54

Bastard. My wife had her shiny new Lotus parked behind our house and someone took a rock and basically drew all over half the car. What made it worse was that it snowed that night so she first saw it while cleaning off the snow on the the way to a doctor's appointment in the middle of a course of IVF. She was at her wits end and emotional anyway but that topped it. The situation was made slightly better by the fact that 3 other cars and one beat up old truck were also done. At least we knew it wasn't personal, it was just a nob!

MissBetsyTrotwood Sat 30-Jul-11 19:05:35

Eww. What a nutter! Why? Why? Why?

Mishy1234 Sat 30-Jul-11 19:22:04

That's awful OP. Senseless vandalism.

I had someone key my brand new car right across the bonnet. It was really upsetting and felt so personal even though it was clearly just some prat.

redexpat Sat 30-Jul-11 21:35:02

I'm sorry. That's really annoying. My mum managed to get a paint pen from Halfords to go over scratches with. I don't know if they still do them.

SugarPasteFrog Sat 30-Jul-11 21:38:44

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now