Talk

Advanced search

To want to actually hurt my boyfriend right now

(15 Posts)
Honeypie80 Sat 30-Jul-11 09:30:44

Were currently in the middle of decorating a house we've bought so every spare minute were there just trying to get back to it, Rewind back to Wednesday and i rung to ask him had he put the lottery on, he said he'd do it that night, Its only the irish lottery not the main one so had to be done at a betting shop, Wednesday night comes and goes i think hes put it on, all the while were painting away late into the night.

I only remembered just now but checked the numbers as we do the same ones each week, you know whats coming anyway, for the first time ever there's our numbers, after jumping for joy at what i could buy i ring him to ask where the ticket is and yep you guessed it he forgot to put it on, £600 down i am left fuming, every penny helps right now, i could absolutely kill him!

PuppyMonkey Sat 30-Jul-11 09:31:48

Do it. grin

Honeypie80 Sat 30-Jul-11 09:33:06

Argghh!!! and theres him moaning at me for buying a pair of sandals and wasting money.... thats beans on toast for him for the next week now!

Mitmoo Sat 30-Jul-11 09:33:28

What a pigger, I bet he's gutted too.

justpaddling Sat 30-Jul-11 09:34:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumatron Sat 30-Jul-11 09:35:48

kill him. right now.

seriously though this is something i imagine happening to me all the time. That and winning the lotto, only to find that xp has also won as I still do the same numbers from when we were together and so does he confused

never mind Op, you can't miss what you never had!

<<runs away before op kills me too>>

carabos Sat 30-Jul-11 09:36:23

DH did that to me on the Grand National a few years ago - put the bet on, but with the starting price not ante-post - I got £80 instead of the £800 I was expecting. We were on no-speaks for days.

Honeypie80 Sat 30-Jul-11 09:40:31

I think id of picked out his burial spot already if i only got £80 instead of £800!

I could literally cry just thinking i could of bought the carpet id wanted.....sad

mumatron Sat 30-Jul-11 09:43:56

carabos shock i think i would of cried actual tears over that!

carabos Sat 30-Jul-11 09:51:29

Mum- cried wasn't the half of it - I thought I was going to chuck up! We really needed the money at that point and the horse was an absolute cert - we were involved a bit with the trainer.

Honeypie80 Sat 30-Jul-11 09:54:57

carabos Wel if you have any insider tips, all is welcome here, i have quite a bit of money to make up

mumatron Sat 30-Jul-11 10:05:35

yes, feel free to share any tips.

carabos Sat 30-Jul-11 10:08:14

Honey and Mum - sadly don't have much connection to racing world these days.

Honeypie80 Sat 30-Jul-11 18:39:01

Hmmmm is that secret talk for im keeping my tips to myself.... Ah well ive done the lottery myself now, fingers crossed for me!

12 years ago the exact same thing happened to us. We were decorating the council house we'd been given and in between that and him working up full time he'd forgotton to put a ticket on.

Except in our case it wasn't a few hundred quid it was 3 million, I didn't believe him until he showed me old tickets against the ones on ceefax.

We ended up fleeing the bloody house because of the druggie neighbours 3 months later n all !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now