Advanced search

To wonder if I did enough?

(11 Posts)
nojustificationneeded Fri 29-Jul-11 21:03:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Fri 29-Jul-11 21:04:23

coffee and cake sounds fine.

BehindLockNumberNine Fri 29-Jul-11 21:06:24

No, you should not feel guilty. I have not stayed with dd at play dates (shudder at the word) since she was 6. If the person is a friend from school, and I know the mum from teh school gate then I am happy to let dd go without accompanying her, likewise her friends are happy to come here without their mothers even if it is their first time here.

So, you could not have known mum was going to stay and hence you cannot be expected to cater. Coffee and cake is plenty.

Tchootnika Fri 29-Jul-11 21:07:57

All sounds fine, nojustif
maybe I'm reading too much between the lines, but it seems as if maybe you'd have quite like to have done lunch etc., just because it's fun... but you feel like like you need justification to do so - i.e. 'should' do lunch, rather than just doing it coz you wanted to, IYSWIM.
Coffee, cake, etc. - all good, though, smile

budgieshell Fri 29-Jul-11 21:08:14

I think it was a bit cheeky for the mum to just invite herself along. She was lucky to get coffee and cake.

alowVera Fri 29-Jul-11 21:09:48

9yo friend? I can't see how a 9yo would need her mother there, whether she had been there before or not. Coffee would have been plenty. Cake was polite. Girls given lunch. Give the mum lunch... Not a chance, you invited the dd not the mum. And certainly no to tea. Don't feel guilty. You did the right thing. And the politest thing.

hillyhilly Fri 29-Jul-11 21:10:22

I think she was being unreasonable if she didn't bring the cake, there was no need for her to stay all day (I saw your previous thread) with a 9 yr old and you did not invite her for a meal, you simply invited her daughter for a playdate - what was she doing there until 7 o'clock!

Ingles2 Fri 29-Jul-11 21:10:27

I saw your other thread.... don't worry. She's bloody lucky you entertained her for that long cheeky cow.
You don't invite yourself for the day because you don't know the parent when your child is going into yr 5 FFS, you invite the child to yours instead.
Cheeky mare imo.

nojustificationneeded Fri 29-Jul-11 21:10:42

Tchootnika Fri 29-Jul-11 21:12:53

It was enough! Definitely! (Unless the cake was mouldy, the coffee cold or something? wink )

You definitely don't seem stingy!

nojustificationneeded Fri 29-Jul-11 21:15:28

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now