Talk

Advanced search

I probably ABU, but...

(25 Posts)

.... have friend on FB who I know via another birth board (NOT NM!) (don't shoot me!) Our birth board is ace, we've all met up several times, lots of seriously good friendships have developed here and there... One girl I've never met but has always seemed nice enough. She's just split up from her DH, I can't honestly say why - she's more an acquaintance than anything... She's also older than 20 but less than 25. More than that I'm not saying. Very goodlooking young lass.

So... now, her updates are all about how ridiculously petite she is and can't ever find anything cutesy tiny enough for her ickle wickle feeties, she's barely able to wear the work uniform because gosh, you know what, she's just too airy fairy cutesy to fit into it, and oooh, I just got tooted by lots of men in cars AND men come up to me and tell me how beautiful I am and WHY DO THEY DO THIS I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT????

Christ on a crutch. I'm about to fucking vomit myself inside out.

I am nearly 40 and have got a few grey hairs and the old butt isn't quite as funkalicious as it used to be.

This is all about me being a jealous beeyatch, isn't it???

Do I can her on FB (PLEASE, no kneejerk FB is shyte responses, I'm genuinely wondering whether I should...) or should I just shut my gay noise and let her get on with it???

GRRR and argh and ranty pants and sorry for being so horrible, but my tits are in danger of falling off if I see much more of this tut from her.

Tee2072 Fri 29-Jul-11 19:55:53

Just hide her posts. She'll never know.

SnapesPlaything Fri 29-Jul-11 19:56:02

Just hide her posts, you don't have to defriend her.

SnapesPlaything Fri 29-Jul-11 19:56:14

x-posts

headfairy Fri 29-Jul-11 19:57:27

hahaha, you could always have some fun winding her up along the lines of "Is that a US size 6?" and "the men come up and tell you you're cute because they want to get in your pants"

Then defriend

grin

theoutsnider Fri 29-Jul-11 19:57:27

that is extremely annoying, aside from any envy it might provoke. Do you know that 'unfriend' button?

AgentZigzag Fri 29-Jul-11 20:00:02

I'm tempted to say just let your tits fall off, but how would that help?

Keep her on your fb to remind you of all the ridiculous things you did when you were in your 20s that aren't in cyberspace for your teenagers to see.

redexpat Fri 29-Jul-11 23:16:39

Maybe she's just not aware of her sexuality? Low self esteem?

And not finding shoes that fit is really friggin annoying no matter what size feet you have.

She's not doing it to annoy you. I'd hide her updates.

nickschick Fri 29-Jul-11 23:19:11

And thats how you talk about a friend ???

SharperSeven Fri 29-Jul-11 23:19:38

Perhaps she is trying to make her ex jealous. Ignore it.

LineRunner Fri 29-Jul-11 23:40:49

But maybe she just is the most beautiful girl in the world.

If you see her, tell her I'm sorry.

Tell her I miss my baby.

Ooooh, ooooh, hey.

ilovesooty Fri 29-Jul-11 23:54:01

Why have her as a friend on Facebook at all? You haven't met her and you don't seem to like her much anyway.

pictish Fri 29-Jul-11 23:56:17

Yes I'd be insanely jealous and want to kick her about a bit as well.
However, that would be my problem, so if it made me feel like that, I'd ditch her.
Oh boo hoo I'm so pretty...boo hoo.

Gnnaaahhhh...

Claw3 Sat 30-Jul-11 00:06:52

Sounds like she is crying out for attention, probably very insecure, hope that makes you a feel a bit better smile

slartybartfast Sat 30-Jul-11 00:12:03

she sounds like a LOON, but i bet you can't resist reading her updates wink

rosyvalentine Sat 30-Jul-11 00:15:55

LOL LineRunner! grin

LRDTheFeministDragon Sat 30-Jul-11 00:19:21

Cut her some slack, she's just got divorced. You're entitled to post a few daft status updates for that, being under 25 has bugger all to do with it imo.

LRDTheFeministDragon Sat 30-Jul-11 00:21:51

Oh, and you can have a YABU for 'should I just shut my gay noise'. hmm

Whatmeworry Sat 30-Jul-11 00:23:42

Sounds like ickle sweetikins is having an ickle insecurity crisis and her ickle DH is probably shagging someone who doesn't talk like frigging Shirley Temple ....

PS am chugging pissing myself on

"And thats how you talk about a friend ???"

Page 4 I think grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sat 30-Jul-11 02:00:00

'Tooted by lots of men in cars' - yeah, right, and they pull up and ask "are you doing busines darlin'". How can a gal not be flattered?

You have a choice:

Be compassionate because she's bigging (or littling, as the case may be) herself up

OR

Cheer yourself up by thinking of what she'll look like when she's your age.

HairExtensions Sat 30-Jul-11 02:17:47

Gosh I really feel for her, poor girl. That happens to me all the time. It's not easy being beautiful you know. Try and be a bit more supportive grin

BitOfFun Sat 30-Jul-11 02:20:28

I think it would be best for your blood pressure to just hide her posts.

to all - thank you for responses...

I did respond in a 'they just want to shag you, men eh? tsk' type response, and then hid her posts. My grey hairs just can't take it...

To 'shut your gay noise is an age-old "Reading" response. May be a good time to ditch it. Point taken.

Gah. Off to find some ugly people to hang out with hmm

OMFG. She deleted my post off her wall.
Wow. Well, tis the end of an era, methinks.... Off to delete and get a life, I think!

nickschick Sat 30-Jul-11 08:46:16

Whatmeworry Sat 30-Jul-11 00:23:42

"And thats how you talk about a friend ???"

Page 4 I think grin.

Whats thats all about??hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now