Talk

Advanced search

to expect DH to take DS out sometimes

(6 Posts)
choccybox Fri 29-Jul-11 13:43:57

DS is 6 months. DH has not taken him out by himself once. He also does not like to push pushchair when we are out.

AIBU to think it's normal for a father to take their child out? I think he feels that pushing pram is for women?!?

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 29-Jul-11 14:08:25

YANBU but apparently, if you listen to a football pod-cast whilst pushing the pram, it's not girly at all. Maybe show him this thread as proof. smile

lynniep Fri 29-Jul-11 14:12:08

YANBU. Does he do any other stuff (changing nappies, feeding etc) or is it just a 'seen in public' thing.

choccybox Fri 29-Jul-11 14:25:41

He does changing, bathing and settling and of course lots of playing with him so it's not that he is bad. I just find it so frustrating that he feels to push our child is only for me to do.

He could happily listen to ipod while pushing, only one ear in though! grin

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 29-Jul-11 14:35:42

There you go. This makes it '100% chap listening to i-pod whilst multitasking and taking nipper (of whom I am incredibly proud really) for some fresh air'. Tell him as well that it'll make him a hit with the laydees.... who can resisit a sensitive dad walking his bubba!

minipie Fri 29-Jul-11 14:35:54

Obviously he is being totally daft.

But, as a compromise (if you fancy compromising) how about a sling? Men seem to like this one

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: