Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is it with film reviewers??

(6 Posts)
BibiD Fri 29-Jul-11 11:56:57

I have just taken my 2 boys plus a friends daughter to see Horrid Henry the Movie and I am full of praise for this wonderful film!! The kids giggled throughout, I had a few quiet smiles at jokes for the grown ups and we are still glowing in the aftermath (this mornings game is 'save the school' and everyone is having fun!!) What is it with film reviewers that they seem to miss the point with children's entertainment?? Fellow mums ... please go enjoy a star cast, great music and a chance to see the usually downcast Perfect Peter become a hero!! We give this 5 stars ... am I being unreasonable??

Eglu Fri 29-Jul-11 11:58:25

YANBU both of the Cars films have had bad reviews and I think they are excellent

manicbmc Fri 29-Jul-11 12:01:01

Film reviewers often judge children's films from an adult perspective because they are old and crusty.

I ignore most of them and make my own mind up.

And, according to other parents, Cars 2 is a waste of time as it's way too complicated and 'talky' for the kids it is aimed at to enjoy.

Ormirian Fri 29-Jul-11 12:03:39

I can hardly remember a film review that was really positive. And usually the positive ones are for some obscure foreign language film that most of would be unlikely to get the chance to see.

I exclude the Independent film reviews from that generally. Front Row on R4 makes me want to swear!

And yes, they miss the point with childrens' films usually.

HarrietJones Fri 29-Jul-11 12:08:25

Mark Kermodes reviews are always fun!

Re Horrid Henry how much Dick & Dom is there? I thought about taking dd2 but I can't stand them

Whatmeworry Fri 29-Jul-11 12:16:26

As a general rule, I go to anything the film critics hate smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now