Talk

Advanced search

To think that there is no acceptable reason for a grown-up to get their face painted at the zoo unless it is for charity!

(86 Posts)
sallysquirrel Fri 29-Jul-11 10:01:48

I am getting increasingly disturbed by the number of adults I see at the zoo with their faces painted - usually tigers or cheaters.
Yesterday took my kids and spotted 3 including the oddest which was a woman with a tiger face obviously on a date with her boyfriend and no children.
Now I consider myself a jolly enough person up for a laugh but this is something I just don't get!

MrsKravitz Fri 29-Jul-11 10:03:35

Are you sure she had face paint on? hmm

CandiceMariePratt Fri 29-Jul-11 10:05:07

I think it is ok if you are doing it to make your children happy and to get into the spirit of a fun day out at the zoo. Without children it does seem a little odd but harmless

Scathac Fri 29-Jul-11 10:05:11

Lighten up!

BitzyVonMuffling Fri 29-Jul-11 10:05:50

killjoy

gorionine Fri 29-Jul-11 10:05:53

YABU it hardly hurts anyone does it?

ajaybaines Fri 29-Jul-11 10:05:57

Oh god, live and let live!

razzlebathbone Fri 29-Jul-11 10:06:15

Hee.

bubblesincoffee Fri 29-Jul-11 10:06:32

'Just for fun' is a perfectly valid reason.

ragged Fri 29-Jul-11 10:07:04

Disturbed? confused
I think I will make a point of getting a nice face paint sometime soon, just to"disturb" people without a life "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells."

cannydoit Fri 29-Jul-11 10:07:14

obviously you are not jolly enough for that kind of a laugh, some people enjoy sharing that kind of thing with their kids because they are big kids themselves, nothing wrong with getting in touch with your inner child with or without kids keeps you young. wish i could do it more.
also not caring what other (catbum) mouth people think is probably a must.

CaptainNancy Fri 29-Jul-11 10:07:21

Perhaps she had learning difficulties, and a developmental delay, meaning she is still very childlike?

KAZAMM Fri 29-Jul-11 10:08:09

I think disturbed is a bit of an o.t.t reaction...

CalmaLlamaDown Fri 29-Jul-11 10:09:32

It would make me laugh rather than disturb me, not something i would do mind you!

lawnimp Fri 29-Jul-11 10:09:35

i do face painting and i can confirm adults love it as much as children, i think it's fab myself!

sallysquirrel Fri 29-Jul-11 10:10:53

disturbed is probably too strong a word - but still I find it odd, very very odd especially without children.

pictish Fri 29-Jul-11 10:11:17

Oh God why do you care??

What impact did it have on your day whatsoever??

Let people get on with it!

worraliberty Fri 29-Jul-11 10:13:49

How do you know she was on a date with her boyfriend and had no children? Did you interview her? confused

razzlebathbone Fri 29-Jul-11 10:14:05

Hanging's too good for them!

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 29-Jul-11 10:14:27

So what? I've never done it and never would, am too self conscious. But I have often feel a twinge of sadness that face painting wasn't de rigueur when I was a child.

Kladdkaka Fri 29-Jul-11 10:14:28

My daughter came home from the summer fair the other week in tears because the face painter wouldn't paint her a hello kitty face. She was told it was only for the children. She may be 18 (today) but she has AS and emotionally is very much a child.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Fri 29-Jul-11 10:17:06

Why shouldn't she? Hopefully, a bit of the child remains in all of us. The people I hate to be around are the ones who suck all of the energy and joy out of what somebody's doing. If it's not hurting anybody else, why not just let it wash over you, OP?

I have Eeyore slippers and adult sized feet (5)... and if I want to wear my daughter's fairy wings for a bit whilst I'm hoovering, I shall...

freybean Fri 29-Jul-11 10:17:08

my god!!!

hope you didn't lose too much sleep over it hmm

joric Fri 29-Jul-11 10:17:25

Sallysquirrel - I'm with you - I especially can't stand 'comedy- dad' leaping around pretending to be said animal < whilst looking around, making eye contact with everyone + checking that they are also watching and being entertained>

MooMooFarm Fri 29-Jul-11 10:20:13

I wouldn't do it as would be far too worried about messing up my make-up. But each to their own, and I certainly wouldn't call it 'not acceptable'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now