Talk

Advanced search

to be so annoyed with trying to get any help from tax credits!!!

(20 Posts)
Filibear Fri 29-Jul-11 09:47:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

nolembit Fri 29-Jul-11 09:59:56

I got through yesterday but I had to queue for ages as it is really busy. I renewed over the phone so if you don't have your pack, I'm sure you'd be able to go through all the questions on the phone and sort it out. They're open all day Saturday and Sunday, I think 8am - 8pm if you work during the week.

KAZAMM Fri 29-Jul-11 10:05:35

i was on hold for 20 mins before I got through and then the renewal questions only take about a minute to get through. It is annoying but keep trying.

Filibear Fri 29-Jul-11 10:08:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

InfestationofLannisters Fri 29-Jul-11 10:13:17

Took me days. It's so infuriating when you stay on hold for ages then they just cut you off!

There is a number for people overseas which is usually answered quickly but I've had had a quick google and they now tell you off if you're calling from the U.K. I suppose you could ring from a mobile and lie...

UpsyDaisyDo Fri 29-Jul-11 10:13:28

They're super busy because of all the compliance letters that were stupidly sent out to coincide with renewals.

InfestationofLannisters Fri 29-Jul-11 10:16:19

Just found this:

"You could always telephone the HMRC director of Benefits and Credits, Steve Lamey.

He gets paid more than £200,000 a year so I'm sure he'll know what's going on and be able to help.

His direct number is 020 7147 0754

I've no doubt he'll be pleased to hear from you"

grin

nolembit Fri 29-Jul-11 10:25:44

Maybe it depends on what option you choose? I needed to ask a question first so didn't choose the option 'if you are calling to renew'. Can't remember which option I chose but it was something like 'any other questions' (It was near the end of the list of choices). I asked my question and then asked if I had to go back on the queue to renew but they said no I can do that now for you. I got in through the back door smile

GilbertsGrapes Fri 29-Jul-11 10:31:41

Am having the exact same problem! I get the "Please try again later" message also. starting to panic now as we only have until Sunday to renew Arghhhh

mumdrivenmad Sun 31-Jul-11 13:33:30

I've just got through on 02890538192 after eight times of the "we are unable to deal with your call right now" and the hang up, the ninth call lasted exactly 19 minutes, and as I have free landline calls didn't cost a penny. Got the number off "Say No To 0870"

thursday Sun 31-Jul-11 13:57:08

i'm trying to get through today too. going to be a long afternoon.

mumdrivenmad Sun 31-Jul-11 14:11:27

Thursday, have you tried the numnber I gave?

thursday Sun 31-Jul-11 14:19:40

no not yet, i will if i dont get through soon though, thanks

oldraver Sun 31-Jul-11 14:48:49

My brother got his claims pack yesterday and today I've heard an advert telling you you need to do your claim by er........today.

thursday Sun 31-Jul-11 15:03:28

got through on the official number after holding for 10 minutes. bless her she sounded completely stressed and manic but was efficient and friendly with it. must be having quite a day!

zukiecat Sun 31-Jul-11 15:16:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thursday Sun 31-Jul-11 15:26:49

i've never had trouble before. been a right nightmare this year though, my DHs P60 was wrong, he had 3 jobs and a period of JSA this last year, i was self employed briefly, tax office had no information as to when he had stopped signing on and it took until last week to get an official total earnings for him, then they wanted to know all sorts of details they've never asked before. PAYE numbers for non current jobs, whether it was contribution or income based JSA etc so had to ring back only to be told they need some more info, and being on hold time and again trying to get through when previously i've never been on hold.

hopefully thats my quota for the decade though and next year will be normal again. smile

Tee2072 Sun 31-Jul-11 15:29:45

I had to ring 3 times to renew and then ring back a forth because I received 4 letters. hmm

It's absolutely stupid. Have these people never heard of the internet and online renewal?

Tee2072 Sun 31-Jul-11 15:31:16

Fourth, rather.

I meant, why don't they have online renewal? Would save ages of time and tons of money.

borderslass Sun 31-Jul-11 15:34:41

We have trouble getting our renewal done every year as DH is self-employed and try as I might accountant doesn't rush herself to get his paperwork back to us.

online renewal was stopped after loads of fraudulent claims.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: