Talk

Advanced search

TOo Not, Not, Go down that road again!

(14 Posts)
Wecanfixit Fri 29-Jul-11 07:31:06

EX-partner turns up with flowers , saying how am i, and how about we get together . He has all his family staying , fair enough , and friends from abroad, but I am not invited to join them for a meal or a coffee , NADA nothing, BUT it is okay for him to pop round and see me when I am on my own FOR YOU KNOW WHAT!, Please tell me this guy is a jerk and NOT to entertain him.

lifechanger Fri 29-Jul-11 07:34:43

Do you actually need telling? Sounds like you already know.

Wecanfixit Fri 29-Jul-11 07:41:44

Mmm good point , but we have history and I am swithering , cos i really liked him , just needing reassurance.

HellonHeels Fri 29-Jul-11 08:00:24

What's so likeable about a man who turns up on an off-chance booty call? Why did your relationship end?

joric Fri 29-Jul-11 08:03:29

Say no to the slimy little man.

Wecanfixit Fri 29-Jul-11 08:07:36

It was a long distance relationship , so that is why i stop seeing him , then he phones up a week ago all chatty and friendly, kinda got to me , then the phone call out the blue and the visit, i know i am mad and dumb!

Merrin Fri 29-Jul-11 08:17:29

He has probably cought a whole new range of diseases since you last saw him...

Back home will be someone waiting for him.

He doesnt think you are good enough to meet his family or friends.

Schtum Fri 29-Jul-11 08:28:22

You know you don't need to ask this question.

Why on earth would he think that you would even entertain the idea?

Give him his marching orders and keep your self-respect in tact.

Wecanfixit Fri 29-Jul-11 12:10:16

I know I know , all you say is right why do men play such fricking games!!!

SiamoFottuti Fri 29-Jul-11 12:19:31

because women let them?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 29-Jul-11 12:32:20

Did you <ahem> entertain him?

Or did you remember the mumsnet adage that 'No' is a complete sentence and, using the immortal words, did you tell him to 'fuck off to the far side of fuck and then fuck off some more'?

Wecanfixit Fri 29-Jul-11 12:40:27

No i did not entertain him, but gave him a coffee, i find it hard to be that brutal, i was nuts about the man , so am finding it again hard to let go really , i had a partner who died 5 years ago, then 7 months ago this man came into my life and made me feel wonderful, i loved all the attention we saw each other every other weekend, if that helps you understand.

HowlingBitch Fri 29-Jul-11 12:56:19

That depends really, There is nothing wrong with a little casual sex if you are single, emotionally ready and safe.

You seem to still have strong feelings for him though so I'm not sure you would be ready for that just yet?

Wecanfixit Fri 29-Jul-11 13:01:04

No could not handle causal sex , i am not ready for that and as you say i still have strong feelings for him, damn it!, thanks anyway .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now