Talk

Advanced search

to think that Morrissey is an absolute prat?

(58 Posts)
SequinsAndSparkles Thu 28-Jul-11 20:57:39

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019849/Morrissey-Norway-Breivik-massacre-compared-McDonalds-KFC.html

He has said some ridiculously offensive things in his time, but this takes the biscuit

And I say this as a vegetarian!

SequinsAndSparkles Thu 28-Jul-11 21:20:30

Nobody agree?

WakeUpRosemary Thu 28-Jul-11 21:20:41

He should have shut up years ago. I used to love him and have friends that still do but he's fucking idiot these days. It's embarrassing.

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 28-Jul-11 21:29:11

He just thinks of more and more outlandish things to say, in order to get his cause in the press. I'm a massive fan of his music but he's getting ever more ridiculous.

lovecorrie Thu 28-Jul-11 21:31:14

Him and Bonio - shoot them both..now...please..

ByTheSea Thu 28-Jul-11 21:34:00

YANBU

thisfantasticvoyage Thu 28-Jul-11 21:34:21

Total legend and good on him.

scurryfunge Thu 28-Jul-11 21:34:39

He is a trappy cunt that makes me want to eat meat.

JosieRosie Thu 28-Jul-11 21:37:13

I am a massive fan of his but he really does say disgraceful things sometimes and this is a prime example. I don't care if he thinks he's being 'edgy' and trying to provoke people, it's really offensive. In my book, provoking people is not cool if you're over the age of 8.

perplexedpirate Thu 28-Jul-11 21:38:03

I am such a big Smiths and Morrissey fan and a vegetarian and this just makes me angry sad angry
WWHHHYYYY does he do it? It doesn't help the vegetarian cause AT ALL we he comes out with this shit.
He just makes himself look like a foolish, offensive old man.
I'm just gutted he's said something else so fucking obnoxious.
Gah!

WinkyWinkola Thu 28-Jul-11 21:38:17

Yes, it's not comparable. It's as bad as Glenn Beck, the Tea Party Voice comparing the child victims of the Norwegian massacre as being part of a Hitler Youth Camp

I wish respect could be shown to these victims instead of comparing them to something else. Stop comparing ffs. It's all horrible.

JosieRosie Thu 28-Jul-11 21:40:40

Agree with WinkyWinkola. Why are some people so keen to turn tragedy into a pissing contest? It was such a rotten thing to say.

BeardofZeus Thu 28-Jul-11 21:41:16

The man is a douche.

TheCrackFox Thu 28-Jul-11 21:42:55

He should sticik to singing his rather depressing ditties.

WinkyWinkola Thu 28-Jul-11 21:43:50

I am a twit. I just said it's not comparable but it's as bad as Glenn Beck. Oh dear.

JosieRosie Thu 28-Jul-11 21:47:44

I think I understood Winky wink You're fine!

joric Thu 28-Jul-11 21:48:14

Arrogant
Rude
Conceited
Condescending
Complete twat Idiotic
But most of all, a ridiculous little man who believes the hype.
In conclusion... Don't care for him much myself.
<phew, feel better now>

Becaroooo Thu 28-Jul-11 21:51:05

Has he got a record/book/tour to promote perchance???

Knobhead

thisfantasticvoyage Thu 28-Jul-11 21:53:35

I think he's probably just trying to raise awareness of fact that millions of animals are killed in horrific conditions each year just so people can have fast food. Not such a bad cause, methinks.

WinkyWinkola Thu 28-Jul-11 21:53:45

But I do feel sorry for the animals he's concerned about.

thisfantasticvoyage Thu 28-Jul-11 21:54:47

Typical of the DM to pick up on it - the silly fucking wank-faces.

Ponders Thu 28-Jul-11 21:59:31

why should the DM not pick up on it? he said it - it was a ridiculous & unhelpful thing to say - it deserves the widest possible audience

tosser hmm

he isn't even a vegan (I have this on good authority) so presumably drinks milk & eats eggs. Where does he think they come from?

joric Thu 28-Jul-11 22:00:58

thefantastic there are other ways..... I believe.

AmyStake Thu 28-Jul-11 22:01:23

He is a prize cunt.

As is Bono. Crying about Africa while flying his fucking hat first class round the globe because he forgot it and not paying his taxes.

thisfantasticvoyage Thu 28-Jul-11 22:03:03

Bono is, indeed, a cunt.
Joric - probably are other ways but, let's face it, those other ways have been going on for years and havent really changed a thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now