Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think the Cath Kidson 'trend' is turning the brand into

(74 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins2 Thu 28-Jul-11 20:55:08

a chavy trend.....I'm thinking like the Burberry tartan......

LRDTheFeministDragon Thu 28-Jul-11 20:57:16

Ooh, I hadn't noticed this but I hope you're right - I think it's vile and would be very happy if people would stop cooing over it.

reelingintheyears Thu 28-Jul-11 20:57:48

Noooooooooo...sad

I love Cath Kidston....

But there's too much of it around these days.

reelingintheyears Thu 28-Jul-11 20:59:44

And i just checked the spelling on my spec case.....

It is Kidston.

I am that sad.

scurryfunge Thu 28-Jul-11 21:00:47

It is too pricey and over rated.

TattyDevine Thu 28-Jul-11 21:00:48

Not really but its just so mainstream and everywhere and easy to get and always in stock, its a bit naff (ish) but there is worse.

I have to say their crockery never chips

I think the Emma Bridgewater thing is worse

DoMeDon Thu 28-Jul-11 21:02:20

I loathe all the shabby chic shite and don't start me on vintage!

LadyOfTheManor Thu 28-Jul-11 21:02:54

I'm a Kidston addict fan.

I only have the nappy bag, overnight bag and shopper...and never all at once.

Quite fond of ye olde boating print though.

lockets Thu 28-Jul-11 21:04:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SixtyFootDoll Thu 28-Jul-11 21:04:07

Seeing as I just treated my self to a CK blackberry case you are prob right.

NeverAttributeToMalice Thu 28-Jul-11 21:05:58

I saw Cath Kidston masking tape in a gift shop on Saturday. Floral, it was, and too narrow to use as anything except gift tape. But it was labelled as masking tape. hmm

reelingintheyears Thu 28-Jul-11 21:07:44

I have a green and white spotty purse/a starry spec case/a starry phone case/a pale blue key fob and a starry key ring (both presents from DD).A bag and most of the Tesco shopping bags.

I love CK.

reelingintheyears Thu 28-Jul-11 21:09:16

The CK blackberry case was £12....?

I told DP it was £6.99.

Tchootnika Thu 28-Jul-11 21:09:59

Weeelllll... I've always known I've got a strong chavvy streak.
And just the other day I waltzed into a CK shop for the first time: the SALE signs were just too, too seductive.
I've always very much liked the way (some) CK struff looks, but been put off by the fact that it's so obviously CK - much like Orla Keily... (CK:telling that, isn't it? I am talking Kidston, btw, not Calvin...)

Anyway, I was a bit freaked out by my suddenly wanting to buy a whole load of stuff... Sooo - I checked the quality, checked where it was made, realised quality really didn't look that great, and saw that it was made in China.
Result? I walked out without having spent a penny (i.e. I had neither bought anything, nor pissed on trendy merchandise), trooed down the street to cancer research shop, and picked up a lovely little brand new 2nd had linen cardie! wink smile grin

reelingintheyears Thu 28-Jul-11 21:11:42

Cor blimey.

Tchootnika Thu 28-Jul-11 21:13:03

Pfaaah!
Just saw the 'masking tape' post.
Wadda bleedin ripporf.

FreudianSlipper Thu 28-Jul-11 21:14:28

isn't being chavy liking something because it is a brand rather than liking something because you like it hmm

i did notice lots of women carrying aroudn those horrible ck bags in dulwich while i was flat hunting yesterday, luckily i am staying away from the village and actually described it to my friend as beign far too dull and boring cath kidston and boden for me

plus i can not afford to live there

MixedClassBaby Thu 28-Jul-11 21:14:54

CK just makes me think of cupcakes.

<shudders>

Tchootnika Thu 28-Jul-11 21:17:41

Dulwich.
Dull. Itch.
Yuk.
Bring on the chavs, anything but bloody Dulwich. Please.

FreudianSlipper Thu 28-Jul-11 21:22:15

east dulwich is great going to see a flat tomorrow, right opposite goose green

but the village, not even sure where it starts and ends is it just suddenly becomes dullsville and everyone dresses the same

Tchootnika Thu 28-Jul-11 21:24:50

Good luck with flat search, FS - didn't mean to be horrible...
Just had vile recollection of flowery wellies, carob bars and general smug pomposity. please forgive...

MumblingRagDoll Thu 28-Jul-11 21:25:07

It was nice for about a week...then it was all crappy keyrings on Amazon.

She should have kept it more exclusive. Plus her kids clothes are TERRIBLE quality.

LadyOfTheManor Thu 28-Jul-11 21:28:44

I also use her honeysuckle moisturiser for my legs and her writing paper (not for my legs).

FreudianSlipper Thu 28-Jul-11 21:35:16

i know exactly what you mean. there are a few too many in east dulwich but they are mainly round the village and if they do not live there will probably hang about there trying to fit in. east side is still keeping it real (down to much of it actually being peckham)

i didn't even know she did kids clothes i just thought she did table clothes cakey things, bags and wellies

Lainey1981 Thu 28-Jul-11 21:42:51

I have some CK mugs and I love them. Was a bit hmm when dp's 16 yr old sister redecorated her room in CK wallpaper last week... Does look lovely thougn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now