Talk

Advanced search

to think the most stupid phrase EVER which I see used regularly on relationship boards offered as comment by counsellor types is 'vulnerable to infidelity...

(15 Posts)
thisfantasticvoyage Thu 28-Jul-11 14:38:43

as in, somebody has an affair, then they go see a counsellor to 'work through their issues' and said counsellor (psychotherapist or whatever) tells them they are vulnerable to infidelity. Nice one Sherlock...

manicbmc Thu 28-Jul-11 14:39:55

So.... not a weasel that wants his/her bread buttered on both sides then?

BelleDameSansMerci Thu 28-Jul-11 14:42:52

I've never heard that one..! Does it really mean "lacks self control and respect for partner"?

I'm no angel but if you're going to stray, at least have the dignity to admit what you're doing and why (ie self gratification) not wrap in up in some vulnerability bollocks.

manicbmc Thu 28-Jul-11 14:49:00

In that case my ex must be vulnerable to not knowing when to stop drinking.

TheBigJessie Thu 28-Jul-11 14:56:22

Is this what counsellors actually said, or what cheaters said the counsellor said?

If it's the first, I'd call that "telling your paying client what s/he wants to hear so s/he keeps booking sessions".

Butterbur Thu 28-Jul-11 14:56:58

I am vulnerable to chocolate (and those little Thornton's caramel squares).

TheCrackFox Thu 28-Jul-11 14:57:02

I had an ex that was vulnerable to being a massive twat.

manicbmc Thu 28-Jul-11 14:58:29

Oh yes, he was vulnerable to twattish behaviour as well. And also vulnerable to being a control freak.

I'm vulnerable to hitting people when they talk bollocks. Send that counsellor round to me.

Vulnerable to infidelity? Don't you think somebody could finance an entire fucking industry out of talking shit like that?

Um. Hang on?.....

<also vulnerable to potty mouth>

manicbmc Thu 28-Jul-11 15:01:22

I'm feeling a great vulnerability to Danish pastries at the moment. Do I need to see a counsellor?

Andrewofgg Thu 28-Jul-11 15:46:25

Vulnerable to reading AINU when work calls?

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Thu 28-Jul-11 16:04:48

Vulnerable to infidelity?

Prone, Liable, Inclined towards, maybe. Vulnerable to implies an inherent weakness, and the idea of infidelity being an entity with some kind of agency of its own. What crap.

manicbmc Thu 28-Jul-11 16:05:54

I was weak. The pastry overpowered me. blush

Andrewofgg Thu 28-Jul-11 16:15:28

The reports which probation staff write about offenders often say that s/he is at "high risk of re-offending" which displays the same woolly-minded acast of mind. manicbmc - I hope you enjoyed being overpowered and that the pastries were as good as they looked.

manicbmc Thu 28-Jul-11 16:18:24

It was worth the guilt. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now