Talk

Advanced search

to do anything or leave it (trust issue with boss)

(10 Posts)
altinkum Thu 28-Jul-11 08:34:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

altinkum Thu 28-Jul-11 09:05:17

MsGee Thu 28-Jul-11 09:18:58

What did you say to your colleagues? Do you have a HR team that you can talk to?

I'd go in and clarify with boss that you have not handed in notice and put in formal complaint that he has taken it as such and told other people. He has nothing in writing and if you have a contract I presume notice has to be in writing?. As far as I am aware (HR advice in previous job) even if you hand in your notice, you can 'take it back' at any time during your notice period.

Obviously none of that deals with the fact that your boss is a twat.

Sorry you are having to sort this out - if your boss is this much of a twat I would think about leaving sooner rather than later?

northerngirl41 Thu 28-Jul-11 09:34:51

To be fair, you don't know that the boss blabbed - could be he's asked the powers-that-be and their PA has been asked to sort something out and she had lunch with your colleague... You know how workplaces are, hotbeds of gossip!!

altinkum Thu 28-Jul-11 09:38:06

altinkum Thu 28-Jul-11 09:39:45

northerngirl41 Thu 28-Jul-11 10:12:31

Getting your day shift authorised would presumably require asking someone else... So he was going to speak to someone else.

altinkum Thu 28-Jul-11 10:36:55

MsGee Thu 28-Jul-11 13:04:47

Can you sort the other job and then waltz out in a few weeks, saying - well I did hand my notice in on the 27th? You know because you told everyone ...

I once worked for a toxic boss in a toxic organisation. Life afterwards was much better, I never realised that you could just go to work without ten tons of bullshit.

altinkum Thu 28-Jul-11 13:47:16

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now