Talk

Advanced search

to book this?

(18 Posts)
Southernisle Wed 27-Jul-11 19:42:17

My ds birthday is the week before the not to be mentioned occassion (C*******s).

Because of when it is he plans his birthday all year, as of course it all comes at once for him, and he's got nothing to distract him in the other months.

Now we have seen that our local league football club do a birthday party on any day that is a home game - prior to the match they have a kick around, then food, then watch the match, then go home. It just so happens that this year the week before christmas is a home game.

My ds would like to do it (it's max 10) so would parents of the other 9 boys be grateful to me for occupying their children on the last Saturday before the occasion that shall not be named for 5 hours, or would they feel like I was giving them the straw that broke the camels back and hate me forever?

nojustificationneeded Wed 27-Jul-11 19:44:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nojustificationneeded Wed 27-Jul-11 19:44:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pineapple70 Wed 27-Jul-11 19:46:22

How old? Can they leave their dc and do their shopping?

Southernisle Wed 27-Jul-11 19:47:40

8 year olds. All parties are now dump and run affairs.

Belltatrix Wed 27-Jul-11 19:50:54

My husbands birthday is Dec 23rd and according ro him he never had a decent party as a boy , so I would book the party !
At that time of year most parents would welcome some sort of distraction to get the kids out of the house for an afternoon .

Andrewofgg Wed 27-Jul-11 20:25:20

They will love and adore you forever.

EdithWeston Wed 27-Jul-11 20:29:38

I'd book it!

I remember a group of 8year old boys positively vibrating with excitement at a party like this.

I would recommend sounding out the parents of invitees early on (usually I'd think this is a bit precious - but worth it as there will be a lot of stuff going on, and the greater the lead time the better the chance of making a workable plan.

Alambil Wed 27-Jul-11 20:30:58

go for it smile

stoatie Wed 27-Jul-11 20:36:06

My youngest has a friend with birthday just before Christmas - we have had a couple of fantastic parties - with added bonus of giving them something to look forward to other than the big day - sounds fab

tibni Wed 27-Jul-11 20:38:25

dd birthday is 11 days before and we have always had great parties for her (13 this year eek!). Kids are excited and parents love to be able to redirect their kids my way.

In the past rather than a bag of tat I have given out selection boxes or tree decorations which is far easier for me.

Think you will find this will be a very popular party. smile

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Wed 27-Jul-11 20:38:48

GO FOR IT.
Am sure if you only have space for 10 you will fill it very easily, those who are on holiday will just make space for others smile can you possibly take a 4 yo and a 1yo too then I can do some xmas shopping in peace grin

Southernisle Wed 27-Jul-11 20:42:03

Oh good a unanimous AIBU I will go ahead then.

Wait for the thread -
AIBU to think this mother is mad for booking a 5 hour football party the week before Christmas!

gogops Wed 27-Jul-11 21:33:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

ImperialBlether Wed 27-Jul-11 21:39:39

Is it X* Eve, or the weekend before that?

cjbartlett Wed 27-Jul-11 21:41:50

Definitely book it
Sounds a great plan!

Southernisle Wed 27-Jul-11 22:08:23

The week before.

Not had this before - why's a message been deleted?

ChaoticAngelofGryffindor Wed 27-Jul-11 22:13:16

5 hours kid free time just before Christmas? Yes, I'll say the forbidden word grin Parents will love you or the sane ones, who will see it as a chance to do some shopping in peace, will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now