Talk

Advanced search

to think that Boris Jonson

(35 Posts)
hobnobsaremyfave Wed 27-Jul-11 19:41:55

....is as mad as several buses. Just listened to his speech welcoming the world to London in a year. I just wonder what the rest of the world make of Boris confused

crazynanna Wed 27-Jul-11 19:43:34

I think he's a bit of a prick myself.

But then,that's me all over wink

tethersend Wed 27-Jul-11 19:44:40

I think he is actually a very clever man who has carefully cultivated an image of a buffoon in order to get away with murder.

hobnobsaremyfave Wed 27-Jul-11 19:44:56

I loved watching his speech though because David Cameron clearly found it excrutiating grin Anything to see DC suffer is worth it grin

tethersend Wed 27-Jul-11 19:45:11

Not literally (AFAIK)

Esta3GG Wed 27-Jul-11 19:45:33

should have stuck to being a professional oaf on gameshows instead of running one of the greatest cities in the world.

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 27-Jul-11 19:45:52

I think he's as mad as a bicycle but I do like him.

Hassled Wed 27-Jul-11 19:46:19

Agree that the clown persona has been carefully honed over the years. He's nobody's fool.

hobnobsaremyfave Wed 27-Jul-11 19:47:34

Everything about the Conservative party is so slick and stage managed and I get the feling that Boris just likes to wind up the party machine with his loose canon shtick

hobnobsaremyfave Wed 27-Jul-11 19:48:08

Oh and I def do not think he's stupid!

FreudianSlipper Wed 27-Jul-11 19:50:20

if ever there was proof that even with the best private education you can still end up being an absolute prized buffoon boris is it, he is embarrassing and should not be in control of the greatest city in the world. did anyone see the sausages remark on election night last year, it was hilarious unintentionally

though it amuses me that he obviously annoys the hell out of david and his side kick george and he dies occasionally come out with something very untory like, though he is soon made to shut up

DogsBestFriend Wed 27-Jul-11 19:53:13

Mad as cheese!

(Though I agree with tethers, it's a bloody good act).

But, despite his unquestionable amusement value, give me Ken any day.

LillyTheMinx Wed 27-Jul-11 19:53:53

I used to think he was great and I loved his faux buffoon image, but now I just think he's an idiot. I appreciate that he's intelligent, but he overdoes the buffoon image and it's starting to get right on my nerves.

megkat Wed 27-Jul-11 19:56:03

I really like him. He makes me laugh, whether it's a cultivated image or not - I agree with hobnobs that anything that makes Cameron cringe is a big grin in my book.

scarlettsmummy2 Wed 27-Jul-11 19:57:24

I think he is fab, so funny and probably very clever but just a bit half witted. and is love life is like a soap opera- not sure how he gets away with it!

orienteerer Wed 27-Jul-11 19:59:22

It's all an image and he plays to it well, he's seriously switched on under all that hair.

hobnobsaremyfave Wed 27-Jul-11 20:03:22

DC had the most fixed grin ever on his face this evening. I love watching him suffer grin

FreudianSlipper Wed 27-Jul-11 20:03:47

i do not think its an image at all, he may at times ham it up but he has made himself look stupid at times with his comments, if it was an act i do not think he woudl do this when questioned on serious and important issues

Andrewofgg Wed 27-Jul-11 20:23:58

It's very French to have the Mayor of the capital at barely-hidden daggers drawn with the PM even (perhaps especially) when they are of the same party. Ken and Tony/Gordon - now Boris and Dave.

LordOfTheFlies Wed 27-Jul-11 20:45:34

He was on LBC yesterday instead of Nick Ferrari when I was driving about doing my very caring NHS person home visits.

Had to switch the radio off, bleedin idiot. Can't stand his bumbling blabbering nonsense.

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 27-Jul-11 21:07:28

Oh that was a shambles. An hour with Boris turned into about 30 minutes and Ferrari couldn't keep his trap shut for any of it. Give me Boris over that eejit any day.

OriginalPoster Wed 27-Jul-11 21:10:40

He's very entertaining, clever and witty. But he's a Tory confused

hocuspontas Wed 27-Jul-11 21:22:48

I've never got the impression that he actually cares about London and Londoners. More about him impressing others with his position. Twat. And a philanderer to boot.

TurkeyBurgerThing Wed 27-Jul-11 21:23:49

Boris is spectacular! I want him to be PM.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 27-Jul-11 21:25:13

Oh he's fab... love him to bits. He marches to the beat of his own drum and has the craziest hair ever. When my hairdresser has rough-dried my hair, Boris and I could be twins.... grin

Boris for PM!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now