Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed with collegue?

(6 Posts)
galwaygal Wed 27-Jul-11 16:09:54

My collegue was in a meeting all morning, came back at 12.30 and then said he was going to lunch. He was supposed to be working with me this afternoon starting at 1.30pm, he turns up at 3.40pm pretending he has been working in another part of the building, doing what I have no idea since there is nothing there to be done. He was supposed to be here with me. He sees one client for 15 minutes and now has gone for coffee break. His coffee breaks normally take at least 30 minutes, so by the time he gets back he will have time to see one more client at most before it is time to clock-off.

I would not have minded if he had phoned to say he was not turning up til later, but no phonecall because he wants to pretent he was working elsewhere, he could have phoned to tell me where he was "working", I would have taken him at his word.

But instead I am wondering where he is for over 2 hours. While I do all the work.

AIBU getting frustrated with him and his lack of manners?

InstantAtom Wed 27-Jul-11 16:12:44

YANBU. You need to speak to him and tell him what you've just said above. If no luck, is there a supervisor or manager you could have a word with?

galwaygal Wed 27-Jul-11 16:19:14

Manager just gone on annual leave for two weeks!
Fortunately he has just come back quickly from his coffee break, he has offered for me to leave early (like now), but I know that this is because he needs to get to the post-office before they close, so about 5 mins after I have gone he will too. Hopefully no more clients turn up!

iklboo Wed 27-Jul-11 16:20:03

Tell him you needed to go to the toilet earlier, but you don't anymore because he has royally taken the piss out of you.

Or, probably more diplomatic, speak to a supervisor.

Merrin Wed 27-Jul-11 16:21:20

YANBU

MadamDeathstare Wed 27-Jul-11 16:24:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: