Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up of all this lovely sunshine being wasted?

(5 Posts)
Ripeberry Wed 27-Jul-11 14:16:29

Every single day for the last 10 days or so. Starts off with brilliant clear blue skies and then by 1pm almost on the dot, lots of cloud with hardly any sight of the sun and then by 7pm it clears away again!

Yes, I do try and sit out in it in the mornings, but it just makes it so miserable in the afternoons sad

Why can't we get those clear blue skies all day long like we used to?

ArseholesFlatfish Wed 27-Jul-11 14:22:39

Thats weather for you

Angel786 Wed 27-Jul-11 14:23:43

Don't know where you are but no sunshine here in the last two weeks!

GypsyMoth Wed 27-Jul-11 15:48:42

been like that here today op! i dont mind too much

limitedperiodonly Wed 27-Jul-11 17:27:11

You are deluded. So is my DH.

We never used to get clear blue skies all day long in Britain. Mostly it's overcast and chilly with rain with the odd pleasant day which usually happens when you're at work.

For 10 days, that are hard to predict but occur sometime between the end of May and August, it's unbearably hot with swarms of small black insects that stick to your lipgloss.

Everyone says: 'God, too hot for me. Is that thermometer working? Surely there's a law that says we can go home.'

Then it pours with rain, catching out anyone stupid enough to wear flip flops to work, before becoming overcast and chilly again.

I used to keep telling (English) DH we endure shitty summers in Britain but I've got fed up now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now