Talk

Advanced search

To think it doesn't require an articulated lorry to deliver a towel bale

(8 Posts)
tjacksonpfc Wed 27-Jul-11 13:53:41

I was one of the lucky mners to be chosen in the Achica product trial. I was dead boring and ordered some new towels that we needed. So 4 weeks after order they make their way to the courier.

Only for teh courier to refuse to deliver them as they are to big. I managed to contact hermes today who is the comany that takes teh stuff to the Couriers. I spoke to a lovely lady there who explained that the courier said the parcel was 2 big. I explained it was a towel bale not a 60inch flat screen tv. She phoned the depot who confirmed the item had been returedn to there main depot to be delivered by a larger veichle. Me and the lady were laughing abiout it saying that a big artiulated lorry and forklift truck will turn up to deliver them for me in the next few days. Either that or the courier that refused them had a motor bike and sidecar to do his delivery in.

Now aibu to think that a towel bale will fit and any ar easily and doesn't weigh a ton either.

worraliberty Wed 27-Jul-11 13:57:10

It was probably a motorbike courier

Birdsgottafly Wed 27-Jul-11 13:58:36

I know someone who delivered items in their own car for a catalogue group and they were only insured to take parcels up to a certain size and weight, by the catalogue company, so perhaps it is a similar reason.

There are all sorts of different rules now, regarding lifting etc.

tjacksonpfc Wed 27-Jul-11 14:03:07

I understand about the rules regarding lifting dp is a postie but as the woman at hermes explained there weight level is 15kg. A towel bale weighs no where near 15kg it just seems a shambles.

worraliberty they only use van/car owner/drivers for their deliverys.

bumpybecky Wed 27-Jul-11 14:05:15

just how many towels did you order?!

maybe it a LOT bigger than you're expecting.....

tjacksonpfc Wed 27-Jul-11 14:11:29

4 towels lol a bath sheet, bath towel, hand towel and guest towel. How big can these towels be lol.

Birdsgottafly Wed 27-Jul-11 15:53:46

Perhaps the whole delivery was to big and when it was said that a bigger vehicle was needed, the driver meant for the delivery and not your item, or he had somewhere he had to be and was passing work on to someone else.

tjacksonpfc Wed 27-Jul-11 16:45:35

Well Achcia are chasing it up to find out if the parcle was to big for his car, or whats happening and when its now going to be delivered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now