Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be pissed off that DP has gone camping with 2 other girls and NOT been in touch?

(163 Posts)
throwhimtothepanther Wed 27-Jul-11 10:07:03

So... DP is a teacher and has commenced his six week holidays, he asked me if he could go camping with 2 of his FEMALE colleagues from work that he's only known for only one (academic) year. One girl I have never met and one I barely know! I reluctantly agreed. They even set up an (exclusive- no invite for me) facebook group to arrange said camping trip! So I left for work yesterday morning, no word from him, I text him at 3pm to ask if he'd set off yet. An hour and a half later he text me back to say he had no signal earlier (fair enough) but that he is switching his phone off so that he can call me later. Half past 9 at night and still no response. I had just returned from tea at my grandad's to find that he had even taken the only tube of toothpaste and left me without any! The house was in a mess (why do Men think it's ok to not do ANY housework? He's a teacher, he works less hours than I do, lives five minutes away from his place of work whilst I have to commute 40 mile round trip and still thinks that cooking tea is the be all and end of all of the housework, even though he's currently on holiday!). So (still no word) I text him this morning to say I hope for his sake he's been eaten by a black panther and that if I don't hear from him soon I'm going to start auctioning his things on ebay! So... Was I BU?

squeakytoy Wed 27-Jul-11 10:10:02

I would be online, booking myself a nice holiday, and asking work for a bit of time off ASAP.. and dont even send him a postcard grin

He sounds like an immature thoughtless sod... so treat him the same way.

Filibear Wed 27-Jul-11 10:10:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Maiavan Wed 27-Jul-11 10:11:42

I agree with Filibear and I would be booking a few days away as well.

Esta3GG Wed 27-Jul-11 10:12:20

You do sound a bit OTT. You sound just generally pissed off at him about everything.

iscream Wed 27-Jul-11 10:14:42

Arrange to go camping with two men, and be sure and take the toothpaste and all the toilet paper.

throwhimtothepanther Wed 27-Jul-11 10:15:43

@Squeakytoy Holiday already due to start next week to South East Asia TOGETHER for FOUR weeks!!

@Esta3GG Only just been introduced to this topic and it already feels therapeutic! Lol!

AnansiGirl Wed 27-Jul-11 10:16:08

It's not the camping from the sound of it, it's the fact he's still living like a bachelor.
So make a list of what pisses you off and decide what you want to change.
The not doing housework would be a big issue for me if you are both working. Do you have children?
TBH it sounds like you've not been together very long and need to work on your relationship before it slithers into a grumpy heap.

CaurnieBred Wed 27-Jul-11 10:21:42

Another thing to bear in mind is where are they camping. I know where we are due to go in North Devon this weekend is notorious for not having any signal - so it might not be his fault.

But then, that might not be the problem and he is just being an arse (lack of help around the house being a case in point).

Filibear Wed 27-Jul-11 10:21:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Filibear Wed 27-Jul-11 10:22:53

thisfantasticvoyage Wed 27-Jul-11 10:24:01

He must be shagging one of them, surely to god.

Muckyhighchair Wed 27-Jul-11 10:24:12

I can tell you know that my dp would not be going on a camping trip with 2 other women!

Nothing may happen but there is a huge amount of tempatation there.

Not on

worraliberty Wed 27-Jul-11 10:26:51

Is it just the 3 of them or are others going?

sleepindogz Wed 27-Jul-11 10:27:19

how will he recharge the phone? maybe the battery is dead

either that or they are enjoying a bonking threesome marathon smile

ledkr Wed 27-Jul-11 10:27:22

I was going to echo squeaky but you obviously have hols booked,he's being a twunt i would defo piss of for a few days telling him its with a couple of male friends and take all the contents of the bathroom cabinet,he prob has no signal but hes an arse to even think this is ok.

LadyThumb Wed 27-Jul-11 10:27:39

CaurnieBred - of course we have a signal. The fact that we have to go to the bottom of the garden or walk up and down the road is neither here nor there! You meet lots of neighbours at 11 pm walking up and down the road - 'tis a social thing, y'know!!

bushymcbush Wed 27-Jul-11 10:28:11

I just can't imagine my dh even contemplating such a thing as going off camping with two women I don't know. I really can't.

He does sound very 'young' tbh. Have you been together long?

bruxeur Wed 27-Jul-11 10:29:02

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

worraliberty Wed 27-Jul-11 10:30:06

Oh dear God....

Ormirian Wed 27-Jul-11 10:31:06

Oh lord throwhim! I am having problems with DH atm who is also a teacher and found himself in the centre of a group of female colleagues who treat him as something between a big brother and a safe flirting target. Fucking pissing me off! angry.

nenevomito Wed 27-Jul-11 10:31:20

bruxeur

Number two in your list is fair enough, but correcting someone's grammar and punctuation in list format just make you look like a pedantic knob.

bruxeur Wed 27-Jul-11 10:32:16

No no! Just an adult. Who went to school.

doesntfitin Wed 27-Jul-11 10:33:44

I see the grammar police have arrived

OP It all sounds a bit odd

bruxeur Wed 27-Jul-11 10:34:08

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now