Talk

Advanced search

To want to enter my scutty garden in the "Most Hyacinth Bucket HA garden 2011" competition?

(12 Posts)
InfestationofLannisters Tue 26-Jul-11 22:32:36

I had a letter from the HA about the fact that the front of my house was untidy with rubbish etc and to SORT IT OUT ASAP.

I live next to an alleyway and all the crisp packets, kebab detritus blows straight onto my front lawn.

Every single day I remove rubbish and after every weekend DH has to dispose of bottles, cans, general broken glass near our car.

It isn't as if we are merrily throwing takeaway cartons out of our sitting room window.

The next day I received a letter with an application form for said garden contest. Ours is barely mown and dry because we do have certain principles when it comes to the use of water. It may look like a tip but I see it as an area of outstanding natural beauty. Many butterflies and stray cats other wildlife seem to love it.

I also have a baby sunflower growing on my windowsill and a few puny Lurpack butter herbs.

AIBU to consider filling in the form for a laugh?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Tue 26-Jul-11 22:40:37

Definitely not for a laugh, me dear.

Enter your piece of scrubland garden in the self-sustaining ecological category and beg, steal, or borrow a goat before judgement day as it'll make short work of litter and stray weeds and encourage HA officials to butt out grin

InfestationofLannisters Tue 26-Jul-11 22:42:52

grin at "butt out"

<sources goat>

Tortington Tue 26-Jul-11 22:49:46

who owns the alley way, why don't you have adequate fencing put in place? and if they tell you to move 'odd' bits of rubbish blown from a footpath tell them to fuck right off and get a fucking ASB case.

As i work in this sector it does suprise me that a member of staff is handing out letters over a few bits of litter. Usually only done in cases where prams bikes and mattresses and old tyres and cars 'litter' the front garden.

i would seriously enquire into the fencing - put some chicken wire up

the footpath if it doesn't belong to the HA belongs to the council. speak to your housing officer about liaising with the council about picking up the rubbish and installing a litter bin. put this in writing to your HA. then write also to your local councillor - nah fuck it - make it an e-mail and cc your local councillor in on it.

reelingintheyears Tue 26-Jul-11 22:50:17

HA's can be stupid.

My mates DH has an old mini (car) that he is working on...It is his hobby and it is on their hardstanding....
No mess,just a car with no wheels/steering wheel/seats etc.

They also have a nice (old) mini that they use...totally legally.

The HA came round and left a letter in their door telling them they can't have broken down vehicles on the property.

If they don't get rid of it then the HA will be taking action against them..ie eviction.

Wankers.

InfestationofLannisters Tue 26-Jul-11 22:53:16

Wow, great advice there Custy. Alley is council owned and occasionally a machine comes to sweep all the litter from the footpath onto our side garden.

Sadly given where we live if a litter bin was installed it would probably end up through our front window hmm

Tortington Tue 26-Jul-11 22:54:25

well you can't have clapped out vehicles outside the houses of social housing tenants

who is to say - ooh your mini - clearly an ongoing project and your good sort of people , not like mr smith two doors down who has a cortina with no wheels and no steering wheel, hes clearly a rough sort and we shall evict him.

why doesn't he ask about a garage

InfestationofLannisters Tue 26-Jul-11 22:55:34

I am in breach of regulations in that I have an unroadworthy vehicle in the garden.

Tortington Tue 26-Jul-11 22:55:46

i'd be straight to the HA about that sweeper business, they need litter pickers - hands/gloves/sacks

go on - give someone a job smile

Tortington Tue 26-Jul-11 22:56:23

look nice with a couple of pansies in smile

InfestationofLannisters Tue 26-Jul-11 22:57:00

grin I might just do that. DS is too big for it anyway.

reelingintheyears Tue 26-Jul-11 23:12:33

Why can't you have clapped out old vehicles outside the houses of social housing tenants?

Are they not allowed to have hobbies?

Just the lucky people who have mortgages and garages then.

Friends car is on their hardstanding.....not the road....

It is at the side of their house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now