Talk

Advanced search

to have walked away in disgust earlier today?

(37 Posts)
lockets Tue 26-Jul-11 21:29:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GlitterySkulls Tue 26-Jul-11 21:30:43

he sounds like a total dick!

onepieceofcremeegg Tue 26-Jul-11 21:31:51

What a horrible man. He must be really unhappy to make such nasty comments.

2shoes Tue 26-Jul-11 21:32:08

wow what a dickhead

ajaybaines Tue 26-Jul-11 21:32:25

He sounds like a twat!

We're having a fairy and elves birthday party at the weekend - my DD2 is being an elf and some of DD1s little boy friends are coming as fairies. I would be angry if anyone took the mick.

corriefan Tue 26-Jul-11 21:32:57

Yanbu to be pissed off but better to gave taken the piss out of the dh I think, rather than make a bug deal of it for ds' sake

chinam Tue 26-Jul-11 21:33:32

What a muppet. There's no harm in what your son is doing.

GandTiceandaslice Tue 26-Jul-11 21:34:01

I would have said something to him.

lockets Tue 26-Jul-11 21:34:38

lockets Tue 26-Jul-11 21:35:35

pestroid Tue 26-Jul-11 21:35:43

Bollocks to him, what a twat.

ChocolateIsAFoodGroup Tue 26-Jul-11 21:37:01

That's horrible - poor you and your DS.

Where we live (admittedly, Berkeley, CA....) it's not all that unusual to see boys in dresses going out for the day normally - not for a fancy dress party, just experimenting with clothes, IYSWIM? In fact, one of my best friend's DS1 spent a year as Snow White. Never saw anyone comment on it. Wouldn't expect anyone to, either.

It sounds like your friend's DH may be slightly insecure vis a vis his own sexuality - to comment, so loudly, and at a children's party, about a child's dressing up?

UsingMainlySpoons Tue 26-Jul-11 21:40:21

Ripeberry Tue 26-Jul-11 21:43:12

That DH has issues. Bet he hates gays as well angry

Happymm Tue 26-Jul-11 21:43:35

My DS (5) came down in full on Cinderella wedding regalia this am, including glass slippers. And his sister had done his nails and makeup (which was the only bit I was exasperated with, as they'd used my good stuff and DS (2) was busy painting the stair carpet with fushia nail varnish!) grin

Firawla Tue 26-Jul-11 21:46:42

your poor ds sad yanbu

johnyb Tue 26-Jul-11 21:48:08

While I was in court today to try to prevent my wife from leaving the country with my six year old son and to return to the philippines to remain permanently. ( the judge allowed it)
I was made aware of a letter issued by CAFCASS stating my 6 year old son does not want to see me. my wife and I split( she left me) stating dom violence as as a reason. nothing proven or ever happened. considering the fact i had too much to lose if it did,
For CAFCASS to issue that kind of statement in the relationship of father and son is very biased and inappropriate
Considering the fact I have not seen my son in 5 months and CAFCASS have not looked at both sides of the issue.
Or given John and me any means to interact and be observed and notarised
This letter is highly unprofessional and damning to both my son and me
This should be reported to a higher level and the person who issued this letter should be sacked.
I am extremely hurt by this tactic and I feel I have been treated in a grossly unfair manner.
The time delay has been a major cause of this, as I truly believe I could have prevented any damage if I had been allowed to see my son sooner. To reassure him of his safety and the love I hold for him.
And my son has obviously been damaged by means of alienation methods by my ex wife ! she has poisoned his mind against me.
It is my opinion that CAFCASS officer has acted out of bias and not fairly.
Ill judged comments are not wise in that field of work.

TheOriginalFAB Tue 26-Jul-11 21:48:24

Fucking hell. Not even his child which would have been bad enough..

ImperialBlether Tue 26-Jul-11 21:50:03

I came home to find my son in full make up, wig, nail varnish and tutu. Bit of a shock, really, as he was VERY attractive as a girl!

myBOYSareBONKERS Tue 26-Jul-11 21:50:38

johnyb ???

reelingintheyears Tue 26-Jul-11 21:52:58

johnyb?

reelingintheyears Tue 26-Jul-11 21:54:16

Too many threads on th go maybe johnyb ?

Hope you're ok.

MogTheForgetfulCat Tue 26-Jul-11 21:55:35

What a numpty. Hate, hate, HATE this kind of attitude. Both DS1 and DS2 have spent loads of time dressed up in dresses as fairies, witches, princesses etc, and gone to parties or the park dressed up. DS1's favourite colour is pink. Would be livid if anyone had ever said anything about it or upset them - the idea of seeing their little faces crumple sad. And the idea of 'shaming' a small child for something so utterly harmless makes me angry.

KateMiddletonsEyebrows Tue 26-Jul-11 21:56:43

gosh that has made me so sad for your ds. Poor little thing.

The so-called man is a twat, no question.

BibiBelle Tue 26-Jul-11 21:59:23

angry shall send DD2 to 'get him' immediately angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now