Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are there any rules on gazebo's being used as a "permanent"; structure?

(10 Posts)
nojustificationneeded Tue 26-Jul-11 17:57:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BabyDubsEverywhere Tue 26-Jul-11 18:07:11

Its not a permanent structure though, no footings etc. They are just using their garden, legally 11 pm is accepted as shut up time, and they are by your op so not a lot you can do. You could talk to them yourself about how it is effecting your DD but you probably know already how that will be recieved by them and whether i will make any difference. They aren't breaking any laws so its only good will left to go on.

Completely within your rights to tell them to shift the bit sticking over to your boundry though.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 26-Jul-11 18:07:57

There are no rules about temporary structures. However, if it is physically invading your space and your neighbours are being antisocial, then you've every right to complain. PS A match might solve your problem

beanlet Tue 26-Jul-11 18:41:10

Can you put DD to bed in your room and then shift her at 11?

PeopleCallMeTricky Tue 26-Jul-11 18:43:06

Why should you have to play musical beds? Have you told your neighbours how annoying they are being?

LineRunner Tue 26-Jul-11 18:48:36

Cogito grin

The normal rules are that a permanent structure has footings, and that it therefore needs planning permission. A lot of pub 'smoking pagodas' fit into this category.

Your neighbour's [flammable] gazebo isn't a permanent structure, but you can probably challenge them over the noise nuisance, though, tbh, either by speaking to them yourself or complaining to your council's noise team (Environmental Health).

Cogito and LineRunner As I was reading the OP's first post I was just thinking that a BBQ close to the overlap might be the way to go grin

nojustificationneeded Wed 27-Jul-11 09:17:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ObviouslyOblivious Wed 27-Jul-11 09:20:59

Have you tried speaking to them (reasonably) about it?

valiumredhead Wed 27-Jul-11 09:30:50

Seeing as you can legally chop off branches from a neighbour's tree that invades your garden, maybe there are similar rules for gazebos? wink

It would drive me bonkers, you have my sympathy! How far does it come into your garden?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now