Talk

Advanced search

To think that on the day of her funeral people could lay off with sick jokes?

(40 Posts)
DouglasPouch Tue 26-Jul-11 16:13:36

Seriously? A lot of jokes on FB about Amy Winehouse atm with others posting likes or "Pinching" underneath.

How can people look at the photos of her devastated parents and make crass silly jokes about her?

Not one of us know what out children are going to grow up to be and one day it could be one of us burying our child and I really hope noone will be sick enough to joke about it then.

The jokes are not going to hurt Amy but try and imagine her parents reading them not really fair is it?

2shoes Tue 26-Jul-11 16:14:35

some people will find anything funny, so not surprised(remember FB)

I don't like sick jokes anyway. YANBU.

Cattleprod Tue 26-Jul-11 16:15:38

You must have dodgy FB friends - none of mine have posted anything except links to her songs.

itisnearlysummer Tue 26-Jul-11 16:16:17

Some people are just cruel and unkind and don't actually think about what they're doing.

I don't ever get involved with those sick jokes. Not funny.

DouglasPouch Tue 26-Jul-11 16:16:40

Well a few of them posting the jokes are mner's so yeah well dodgy grin.

AgentZigzag Tue 26-Jul-11 16:17:54

There are some very strange and immature people out there.

AgentZigzag Tue 26-Jul-11 16:18:37

Good x-post, well that explains it then grin

GypsyMoth Tue 26-Jul-11 16:19:01

de friend them then? or name and shame them here

Sarsaparilllla Tue 26-Jul-11 16:19:14

There were some horrible comments on an online news article about her funeral earlier, I reported them all, sick bastards

GwendolineMaryLacey Tue 26-Jul-11 16:20:11

I don't know anyone who has posted a joke. But tbh, it's not like any of her family or friends have access to your friends' FB accounts unless you are actually related to her so I'm not entirely sure what the big deal is. People joke about lots of things, ignore or don't ignore.

DouglasPouch Tue 26-Jul-11 16:52:53

It's not just on FB though it's all over the web, I'm not foolish enough to think any of my fb wall is going to be open to AW's family, I was jus using it as an example.

The jokes are on twitter, Fb and most websites- just not very nice.

I find it a bit sick that people will get a cheap laugh at a grieving parents expense.

Shutupanddrive Tue 26-Jul-11 16:54:37

I haven't seen any of the jokes but YANBU, some people have no respect

AgentZigzag Tue 26-Jul-11 16:56:16

I doubt very much that the 'jokes' will be funny enough to make abyone laugh DP, cheap or otherwise.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 26-Jul-11 16:57:05

It's not nice but isn't that the way most tragedies play out these days? Day 1 terrible tragedy. Day 2 inappropriate jokes. Day 3 conspiracy theories....

jeckadeck Tue 26-Jul-11 17:00:39

its a bit tasteless and I don't find them particularly funny and certainly wouldn't crack a joke like this in the earshot of anyone who was remotely connected with her, but people will always do this. Sick, black jokes are as old as the hills and in part they offer a relatively harmless outlet for the fact that a lot of people feel uncomfortable about someone that young and talented dying in really gruesome circumstances. Best just to ignore it....

DouglasPouch Tue 26-Jul-11 17:02:41

I know- I just found it a bit shocking. Her parents seem like decent people they didn't ask for this just let them bury their child in peace.

mollymole Tue 26-Jul-11 17:08:55

a mother has had to bury her child - this is the most awful thing that can happen and anyone who feels the need to make any unpleasant comment is IMO sick
put your self in her parents position and imagine what they are going through - it brings tears to my eyes even thinking about it
there can be NO EXCUSE for sick 'jokes'

mrjellykeepskidsquiet Tue 26-Jul-11 17:23:26

YANBU...some people have no respect

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 26-Jul-11 17:30:22

No-one's making sick jokes to the Winehouse family in person. That really would be offensive and disrespectful. Gallows humour is a fairly traditional way to pop the 'national outpouring of grief' bubble. A robust way to stake a claim that you're still with the living. Since none of us knew Amy Winehouse personally, I think it's more hypocritical to feign distress at her death.

everlong Tue 26-Jul-11 17:37:36

I didn't know Amy Winehouse, but I loved her music and had a soft spot for her. I also lost my 20 year old child so have a pretty good idea exactly what her mother and father are feeling today.

I think this is why I have felt particularly sad at this singers death.

Esta3GG Tue 26-Jul-11 17:41:08

People really need to get a grip.
Do they honestly think, at this appalling time in their lives, that the Winehouse clan are spending their time on FB?

Hulababy Tue 26-Jul-11 17:44:04

It's just disrespectful regardless of whether people know her in rl or not. or any parent to have to bury their child and for anyone to die at just 27 years of age is not a laughing matter. I don't get the whole jokes side of tragedies at all. It just seems sickening to me.

flatbellyfella Tue 26-Jul-11 18:45:12

If only they would think of the hurt they
are spreading before passing on sick statements
and so called jokes about any human or natural
disaster. I agree ,de friend them from F/B
& never pass on such lowlife material.
RIP.Amy

mollymole Tue 26-Jul-11 18:48:53

cogitoergo
how do you know whether any of us knew Amy personally -

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now