Talk

Advanced search

to hope that an apple will make up for the Supernoodles I've just fed my dc.

(14 Posts)
sootytotherescue Tue 26-Jul-11 14:06:08

In my defence, they don't get them very often and the cupboards are bare.

BulletWithAName Tue 26-Jul-11 14:07:54

Well it's far preferable to them going hungry! smile

LavenderBrown Tue 26-Jul-11 14:07:59

I'm sure once in a while won't hurt smile

altinkum Tue 26-Jul-11 14:09:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

edam Tue 26-Jul-11 14:10:11

Supernoodles are just instant noodles. Only problem I can see is they may be a little salty. But once in a while isn't going to be a worry.

(I love supernoodles, do them with peas and onions, add cumin and toast some seed mix with soy sauce to sprinkle over the top. Which my chef friend promises me makes them practically a health food...)

sootytotherescue Tue 26-Jul-11 14:13:32

supernoodles = health food, I like your thinking edam.

Not quite the fruit shoot flaming I was expecting.

Whatmeworry Tue 26-Jul-11 14:28:02

Don't sweat about it, you can go back to the hand-made organic pumpkin and spinach puree again tomorrow grin

sootytotherescue Tue 26-Jul-11 14:34:48

Ok, so how can we spin spaghetti shapes on toast and oven chips and fish fingers grin

Whatmeworry - I actually pureed dd1s food when she was weaning and she refused to eat it! It's been normal meals since then.

Disclaimer - I do cook real food from time to time too.

CupcakesandTwunting Tue 26-Jul-11 14:35:09

I've just had supernoodles too. I didn't even bother trying to make them healthier. I did add a splodge of Blue Dragon sweet chilli sauce, though. Yum!

joric Tue 26-Jul-11 14:37:23

I leave out the 'seasoning' (!) or just put a tiny bit in- as said before, they are just noodles! Same snobbery about spaghetti hoops (yum) usually from mums who give their dc 'pesto pasta' for every meal

BulletWithAName Tue 26-Jul-11 14:38:52

I eat the 98% fat free ones and drown them in habenero chilli sauce. Yum! grin

Madlizzy Tue 26-Jul-11 14:38:53

My son had a pot noodle left over from camping. grin Supernoodles are good teenager food to keep in the cupboard.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Tue 26-Jul-11 14:43:18

With what you'll save on apples during the school hols, you'll be able to treat yourself to an entirely guilt-free bottle of wine or 10 grin

sootytotherescue Tue 26-Jul-11 14:43:40

Madlizzy - I was addicted at uni when I definitely did not cook anything remotely resembling a vegetable.

Blue Dragon sweet chilli sauce, mmm must go out and try that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now