Talk

Advanced search

to feel flat and cross as the chances of us going on holiday are all due to a fat man from Kuwait getting his finger out and paying my DH?

(15 Posts)
carocaro Mon 25-Jul-11 22:52:09

All on tenterhooks. Not been away for 4 years. And it all depends on this fat and very wealthy man from Kuwait actually paying my DH what he owes him. Eldest DS asks everyday if we are going away, I can't even look at him. He's desperate to go on holiday; not to mention me, I'd love to go further than our city limits. But this fucker, is all whatever, I will do it, blah blah blah. DH has to be polite and he has been good for business in the past and may be in the future. So he can't ring up and shout "pay me today you fucker!"

I suppose I should be gratefull that all bills are paid and we have a little spare cash for days out here and there. But these big rich bastards have you by the short and curlies every fucking time. Rich shit on the poor throughout the pages of history from the get go.

hiddenhome Mon 25-Jul-11 22:54:47

'The rich man in his castle,
The poor man at his gate'...

worraliberty Mon 25-Jul-11 22:55:06

A little harsh and I don't see what his BMI has to do with this grin

To be honest, lots of people (rich and poor) don't give a shit about others when it comes to paying for work they've had done.

Tell your DH to be polite and assertive.

TheHerder Mon 25-Jul-11 22:56:15

Caro, YANBU to feel flat about not going away. And you ANBU at being pissed off at not being paid.

But you are BU to get so fucking maudlin about it all. Your bills are paid. You have cash left over.

Why did you tell your DS you might be going away? I can't imagine why he would be asking otherwise.

You really need to get this into perspective. You can't go on holiday?

Well sorry, I don't have much sympathy if you have enough cash to survive on and have some treats. So many families now have nothing.

methodsandmaterials Mon 25-Jul-11 23:00:29

Sorry you're feeling crap but what have his weight and nationality got to do with it?

carocaro Mon 25-Jul-11 23:00:45

Yes Theherder, been there done that all last year and the year before, redundancy, house nearly repossesed, £0 in the bank etc etc coupled with two family deaths and step Dad's MS getting very bad. So I've done crisis and sadness pretty well.

And treats like a picnic in the park not a weekend at AltonTowers. So not MASSIVE.

If the basis for life's journey is that you are always better off then every single person should never ever moan or complain, but life is not like that is it? (after all there would be no MN if that were the case!) We did not tell DS he was going away he just keeps asking if we are.

carocaro Mon 25-Jul-11 23:01:46

If he was skinny and Irish or short and from Peru, I would have mentioned it, just embellishing the story with the realities.

TheHerder Mon 25-Jul-11 23:04:53

So how is a picnic in the park something you need spare cash for? Surely that's just lunch in the park?

Sorry to hear that you've had a tough time but that's what a lot of people are going though. Holidays aren't a right. Up until as recently as 30 years ago, people didn't have a holiday every year.

And I agree with MethodsandMaterials, what does his nationality have to do with it?

TheHerder Mon 25-Jul-11 23:06:05

Are you "embellishing" your story with the detail that he is fat in a way to say if he can afford to eat well, he can afford to pay you your money?

carocaro Mon 25-Jul-11 23:11:40

Yes it's all boo hoo for the poor rich fat man - the English are so polite! I mentioned his nationality because, well that's is where he is from.

Picnic in the park, pay to park the car and get ice cream and food to take, all costs £, is it free where you live then?

DH and I are British, in case you need to know.

carocaro Mon 25-Jul-11 23:12:40

Didn't say a holiday every year is a right. Not have one for 4 years. DH worked hard for this guy and he should have paid him over 6 weeks ago.

caro I don't know why you are getting a bashing. Perfectly reasonable to insist that the bloody man pays your DH if he has done a job for him!

Does your DH have a contract with him that includes payment terms?

carocaro Mon 25-Jul-11 23:18:15

Thanks Alibaba THANKS!, yes he does have a contract, but what does that mean really, big rich Arab V sole trader. Anyway off to be now, to sleep off the fucked off ness I am feeling right now and hope people buy my stuff on ebay!!!!!

Mare11bp Mon 25-Jul-11 23:42:41

I agree with Alibaba, you are getting a bit of a hard time here.

Sounds like you need a hol after the shite you have been through.

Go to CAB they may be able to write him a snotty letter.

Al0uiseG Tue 26-Jul-11 07:12:44

I can relate to this, my stepfather worked in the middle east for years, we were kept ridiculously short by a very wealthy Arab who literally could not be bothered to sort out his employees salaries. There was always too much coffee to be drunk and too much shisha to be smoked. We used to joke that in the event of a riot he would send the houseboy instead. Because the people of these oil rich states are so vastly wealthy and always have been they do not relate at all to the struggles of your average ex pat Brit who is only working his arse off to get paid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now