Talk

Advanced search

to want to booby trap our wheelie bin?

(14 Posts)
natandjacob Mon 25-Jul-11 19:59:28

This man goes round the alleys most nights looking in everyones bins and emptying rubbish everywhere to get a look in the bags. I want to boobytrap the bin so that when he opens it a paint bomb goes off....is this illegal?! grin

LineRunner Mon 25-Jul-11 20:01:19

But wheelie bins mean that you don't have bags? confused

BitzyVonMuffling Mon 25-Jul-11 20:01:33

YANBU. I was stood openmouthed this morning watching a woman shamelessly rip apart next door's bins and actually taking stuff out of them. At first I thought it may be the landlord (it's a student house) but no, just someone pilfering. All the students have gone home and people are obviously going through bins to see what they can find. Disgusting, and she left a right mess. All of this was in broad daylight shock

DogsBestFriend Mon 25-Jul-11 20:01:34

Only if you don't post the results on You Tube for me to laugh at. grin

TidyDancer Mon 25-Jul-11 20:03:06

Only if you're really manky and minus a sense of smell, LineRunner!

nojustificationneeded Mon 25-Jul-11 20:08:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

natandjacob Mon 25-Jul-11 20:13:05

We heard him today listening to blondie whilst having a good rummage in one of the bins, what a weirdo!!

natandjacob Mon 25-Jul-11 20:17:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY0hib7tAZk

I HAVE to do this!!

hiddenhome Mon 25-Jul-11 20:17:43

Nobody would go through my bin grin It's full of chicken poo and dirty, smelly cat litter! I often pride myself on how nasty and foul my wheelie bin is actually. Pilfering? Identity theft? I don't think so grin

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 25-Jul-11 20:17:51

if he makes a mess and a nuisance of himself i would contemplate phoning the police and speaking with the neighbourhood team. They might fettle it!

welliesandpyjamas Mon 25-Jul-11 20:17:52

Happens around here too. Very odd.

Worst/Funniest I saw was a man rummaging through the stuff left behind by students, pulling out this and that, and then driving off with it in his sports car, roof down and everything!!! shockgrin

natandjacob Mon 25-Jul-11 20:21:45

welliesandpyjamas he's obviously doing well from it, i might give it a go myself!

welliesandpyjamas Mon 25-Jul-11 20:29:16

Lol, nat, he clearly is!

Andrewofgg Mon 25-Jul-11 20:39:24

A torn up letter may carry enough information for ID fraud. Shred 'em, don't bin 'em.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now