Talk

Advanced search

To want to cry?

(45 Posts)
DontCallMePeanut Mon 25-Jul-11 19:01:58

DS has just pissed on me. I wish I was joking. I was sat on the armchair, and he's come over, sat on my lap and pissed on me. Deliberately. WTF? Am I really that despisable as a mother he feels the need to do that? I told him to get on the potty, and ended up shouting at him. Probably not the best approach, but I have no idea why he's done it.

I could actually cry, I feel that disgusted at him. sad

skybluepearl Mon 25-Jul-11 19:03:44

is he drunk?

blewit Mon 25-Jul-11 19:04:41

Think you need to say how old he is before I can comment. Sounds horrid tho. poor you.

GypsyMoth Mon 25-Jul-11 19:04:43

How old is he? What did he say?

NoobytheWaspSlayer Mon 25-Jul-11 19:05:06

How old is your DS? Is he potty training? Accidents happen.

curlyredhead Mon 25-Jul-11 19:05:18

How old is he?

DontCallMePeanut Mon 25-Jul-11 19:05:23

Nope. 3.5 years old, potty trained. He knows where the fucking thing is. He's been dry for nearly 3 weeks. Why now? sad

ginmakesitallok Mon 25-Jul-11 19:06:42

I think you are reading too much into it - if he's just at potty training stage he won't have wee'd on you because he thinks you're a bad mum!! confused

DontCallMePeanut Mon 25-Jul-11 19:06:51

Nooby, it seemed very deliberate sad He didn't say sorry, I had to force that out of him

escape Mon 25-Jul-11 19:06:53

Massive over-reaction, sorry. Only been dry 3 weeks? He'll be having accidents for years yet. I am assuming there are other issues to make you sound so highly strung?

DontCallMePeanut Mon 25-Jul-11 19:09:03

escape, he's been using the potty for months, he knows where it is. When I said "dry for 3 weeks", I meant as in he's been using proper pants and lasting all day in them without accidents for 3 weeks.

AuntieMonica Mon 25-Jul-11 19:09:47

escape is right, 3 weeks is still very early stages in the grand scheme of potty training, DD has been 'dry' for 18 mths and we still get the odd accident sad

put it on the list of 'things to tell his mates on 18th birthday list', he didn't do it deliberately smile

surfandturf Mon 25-Jul-11 19:10:27

YABU to want to cry at that - I'm sure worse things happen at sea! I would be angry if your DS knows that's not quite the done thing. Have a firm word and get yourself cleaned up.

Have you had a particularly trying day and this is kind of the last straw? If so, hope things improve soon and it's almost bedtime! Have some wine grin

DontCallMePeanut Mon 25-Jul-11 19:11:00

So I've over-reacted, then. Shit.

BluddyMoFo Mon 25-Jul-11 19:11:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bubblesincoffee Mon 25-Jul-11 19:11:36

You are seriously over reacting! Your child is only three!

Even if he did do it deliberately - he is three!

Are you generally coping ok with motherhood, or is this kind of the straw that broke the camel?

Sassybeast Mon 25-Jul-11 19:11:41

He's 3 years old, newly potty trained and you are in tears? There has got to be more to this than a little boy having an accident. And if there isn't more to it, then you need to get a bit of a grip.

diddl Mon 25-Jul-11 19:12:48

How could you tell it´s deliberate if he´s sitting on your knee?

It´s not as if he pointed his willy at you deliberately!

Olivetti Mon 25-Jul-11 19:14:34

I can imagine why you might be a bit pissed off (sorry! no pun intended), but don't be disgusted with him. He's only little, and it's only wee!

BabyDubsEverywhere Mon 25-Jul-11 19:16:51

Jees! That is a shocking over reaction imo. Hes three, has only been offically dry for 3 weeks, you shouted at him for weeing on you, and you are discusted with a toddler......

Poor kid sad

ScarlettIsWalking Mon 25-Jul-11 19:17:54

Inwould be cross at this but not teary. You sound like you've had a bad day sad

JamieAgain Mon 25-Jul-11 19:18:08

Was he angry with you?

3 years olds don't have great self-control - physically or emotionally, so even if he did it on purpose, whilst I can imagine my first reaction would be annoyance, I'd also want to get to the bottom of it (pardon the pun)

HairyJo Mon 25-Jul-11 19:18:49

poor lad. massive over reaction

blewit Mon 25-Jul-11 19:21:01

In that case I think you may be taking it a bit personally. They don't have great control for a long time after potty training. Neither do they know this is really wrong.

DontCallMePeanut Mon 25-Jul-11 19:21:12

I don't think there was any reason for him to be angry at me.

I've got a migraine as it is, so guess I reacted worse than I would have done usually. He's never done this before though. It literally was a case of him sitting on my lap, then starting to pee a second or two later. It wasn't a case of he'd been sat there ten minutes or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now