Talk

Advanced search

To think pregnant women and new mum's still need to heed road 'rules' ?

(12 Posts)
eaglewings Mon 25-Jul-11 17:17:06

Maybe it's just me but twice in a week I've been amazed at the behaviour of 2 women.
Last week I was waiting in a hospital car park for the next available space, only car to be doing so when a second car arrived and nudged it's way into the space being vacated right in front of me. Having sounded the horn twice a woman got out and asked me my problem?
She then said, but I'm 8 months pregnant! Red rag to a bull, I should be too if I'd not had a MC. She still took the place but thankfully another space was available quickly AND they gave me their ticket
Then today 2 lines of traffic merging for a car park, both long. The third lane was traffic going elsewhere and was free flowing. A woman with a young baby over took both lines and then pulled in front of me where I was leaving a gap for an elderly couple to go in front of me.
Come on, tell me there are still normal women who can be polite!

LRDTheFeministDragon Mon 25-Jul-11 17:28:34

I think some people are idiots, and this doesn't have to do with them being pregnant or having small children.

I'm really sorry to hear about your MC.

redexpat Mon 25-Jul-11 17:30:13

Well rules should be followed by everyone shouldn't they? Sorry you had a MC. I don't think that pregnant women are worse than any other group though. I'm pregnant and wouldn't do wther of those things. Think you've just had an annoying week. Have a wine or brew or both.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 25-Jul-11 17:34:10

I think you'll probably find that they are the sort of people who would behave like that whether pregnant or not, and their parental status has not caused it in any way.

eaglewings Mon 25-Jul-11 19:12:44

Just got a BFP on the test I bought while shopping earlier! Thanks for the wine and tea, better stick to the tea though....

Just need to keep calm in traffic from now on smile

Mercury123 Mon 25-Jul-11 19:31:35

I am pretty sure that these people arent very nice pregnant or not pregnant. Being pregnant just excuses their behaviour (in their eyes)

I am trying to be the better person when I come across people like this and not react to it. There have been times when I could really start an argument because of the ignorance/rudeness of some people but I know that I am a polite person and a lot better than they are.

Congratulations on the BFP smile smile

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Mon 25-Jul-11 19:59:14

My DH is convinced women are the rudest drivers there are, they never say thank you when let out into traffic, they ignore you and if someone is driving badly then 9 out of 10 times it is a woman. I thought it was a nobby thing to say to a woman i.e. ME until I started to watch the pants drivers whilst dh was driving. And he is right sad I thought I would stick up for womenfolk all over the place but its bloody well true and so depressing!

My dh has only ever been a complete cock in the car once, whilst I was in labour and telling him to grin

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 25-Jul-11 20:38:01

not making excusses, but if the pregnant women was goinn into the hospital..could she maybe had a problem with the baby and just wanted to get to the MW asap.

but being pregnant or having a small child is no excuss for bad manners

eaglewings Mon 25-Jul-11 21:00:55

Auntie, I agree that could have been the case, but a simple, "I'm sorry, didn't mean to q jump, but would you mind if I had this space as I urgently need to get into the hospital" would have had me saying, "sure have the space".

I could have told her I was urgently needing to get into a space as I'd not seen my dh since his op (or before) as I'd been with my dd1 200 miles away as she was also in hospital after dreadful complications from her first surgery.

Men should have a special sticker on the car when they drive their dp to the hospital when she is in labour

HerHissyness Mon 25-Jul-11 22:00:39

I was a danger to myself in late PG blush

I banned MYSELF from driving! blush blush

moreyear Tue 26-Jul-11 00:55:11

I did the same HerHissyness, I suffered from dreadful pregnancy brain smile So glad about your BFP Eaglewings.

thursday Tue 26-Jul-11 01:04:51

the first woman was using being pregnant as an excuse to be rude, but for all we know she was in a rush for some reason. i remember rushing to hospital at 8months because my baby had stopped moving. if someone had spoken to me i doubt i'd have given a coherent response. mister met me there and was stood i a space guarding it when i arrived. most likely she was just rude but who knows.

second woman, i dont see what her having a baby in the car has to do with anything. she certainly didnt claim she could push in because she had a baby in the car.

congrats on your BFP. bad drivers is a pet hate of mine and is subject of much ranting from me, but the second example makes you just sound a bit angry with mothers tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now