Talk

Advanced search

To be VERY shocked at some of these comments about Anders Behring Breivik Manifesto?

(52 Posts)
MrBloomsNursery Sun 24-Jul-11 23:04:48

Read the comments left by people at the bottom of the page (Yes I know it's Yahoo news, but still)

I cannot believe that there are people agreeing with this man. There are numerous people defending this nutter's actions as a cry-out for stopping immigration and multiculturism and allowing muslims into the western world and they have been given ALOT of thumbs up too for saying it.

I am SHOCKED and DISGUSTED by this. Why is this man being defended for what he did? I am so angry that people feel like this. If it was a muslim man who had done the same, everyone would have been angry at Islam and muslims, so either way, Islam and muslims get the flack.

How could ANYONE agree with his racist manifesto? Just in the same way how could ANYONE agree with Osama Bin Laden's thoughts and ideas?

Immigration allows the mixing up of different societies - it promotes harmony between cultures - and that is what this world needs. Not hate and segregation. What is happening to our world?

MoonGirl1981 Sun 24-Jul-11 23:07:52

Different people think different things.

Many thought Raoul Moat was a 'hero'.

Some people are racist and/or have extreme opinions/

The world has always been like this. Nothing has changed.

worraliberty Sun 24-Jul-11 23:09:24

Sadly you'll always get a certain amount of people who agree with extremists

It doesn't shock me anymore. They wouldn't exist or have a platform if others didn't agree with them.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 24-Jul-11 23:10:23

YABU to be surprised. You'll find similarly supportive comments on message boards for every murderous psychopath going. Remember how that Moat creature last year generated a sick fan club within days? They've had to dig up and dispose of Rudolf Hess' remains because his grave had become a shrine for neo-nazis. The Norweigian apparently supported a party with links to our very own 'English Defence League' ... so we really can't afford to be complacent.

nightowlmostly Sun 24-Jul-11 23:12:00

I was watching the coverage of this earlier on some obscure news channel, and I am really shocked at some of the attitudes too.

It was all about how multiculturalism has failed and that's why he was so pissed off! Like you say OP, muslims seem to get the blame for this when it was a white christian man that did this horrific thing. Seems they can't win.

LadyThumb Sun 24-Jul-11 23:13:03

I think you will have to accept that many, many people are fed-up with immigration and see 'their' country as being eroded and invaded. It is the way of the world I am afraid and they feel as though their Governments have not, and are not, listening. But, also, many people are also afraid to say what they think because they are seen to be 'racist'. And all the time they are afraid to say what they think, they then brood and this is the outcome.

maypole1 Sun 24-Jul-11 23:14:04

Agreed just need to take a look at some of the far right forums the only thing they seem sad about is that he killed so many whites and no many blacks

I think you will find many of these people are just generally failed in life usually no girlfriend not doing well in their work

It dose not shock me as i know people are racist they never admit it though and their always seem to be some reason why their views are valid.

Sad people

MrBloomsNursery Sun 24-Jul-11 23:14:48

I must be living in my own little fairytale world then! That's interesting Cogito - I didn't know about his link to the EDL...Hardly a clever lot eh?

thursday Sun 24-Jul-11 23:15:05

he's being defended by people with equally nobbish opinions, not the world at large. yes its sad to see such attitudes but it's no surprise tbh. and half the people who've commented there arent actually bothered one way or the other about his manifesto, they just like being outrageous and getting reactions. some people will say anything to watch the reaction.

worraliberty Sun 24-Jul-11 23:15:19

Muslim extremists want Europe to be Muslim

This extremist wants Europe to be Christian

I don't get the 'shock' in the replies. They are very similar to replies by Muslims on Muslim extremist sites.

All totally deranged and very 'Hitler-esq'

maypole1 Sun 24-Jul-11 23:17:47

Jack pot lady thumb is a prime example trying to explain away murder I wonder if lady thumb would be so keen to explain away 7/7

And people should be afraid to say what they really thing because usually it is racist, they won't say it because they know its wrong

MrBloomsNursery Sun 24-Jul-11 23:17:53

I don't understand how "immigration failing" has anything to do with blowing up people from your own country. Even if they are supporters of the left-wing. Apparantly this man is of sane mind which is worrying. Surely if he has conducted an act of terror the Americans will soon be after him? Norway has alot of oil too.....

LDNmummy Sun 24-Jul-11 23:17:55

I started a thread along these lines the other night and even MN has members with this sort of thinking.

YANBU to be disgusted.

worraliberty Sun 24-Jul-11 23:20:25

You're right "immigration failing" has nothing to do with blowing up people from your own country...but that little detail doesn't stop some terrorists.

It didn't stop the IRA and it didn't stop the Muslim extremists either.

maypole1 Sun 24-Jul-11 23:21:31

worraliberty thats the inside joke the racists the ink their different to the muslim nutter but their exactly the same.

When you take a look at the EDL and the Muslim brother hood or whatever they are calling themselves these days they are just the same crazy bastards

LadyThumb Sun 24-Jul-11 23:21:45

Read my post again maypole1 - I didn't say they were MY views, I said they were the views of many people. As worra said - the Muslims want Europe to become Muslim, and the Christians want Europe to stay Christian. Thereby you have conflict and hatred.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 24-Jul-11 23:22:46

The EDL has come up and I expect quite a lot of their members & BNP types will be sat there in their box-rooms, surrounded by their private collections of nazi memorabilia, typing supportive white supremacist messages... That's the scary thing about the internet. However outrageous an opinion you hold, a quick Google and you can find a few hundred other like-minded individuals.

maypole1 Sun 24-Jul-11 23:24:25

And FYI this has nothing to do with immigration they hate gays, Jews, single mums white people who are not of the Christian faith whites who date outside their race

worraliberty Sun 24-Jul-11 23:25:31

Exactly Cogito the internet is a hotbed of racist groups from just about every corner of the world.

LadyThumb Sun 24-Jul-11 23:26:16

Oh dear maypole1 - you really make me laugh. You have just described extremist Muslims to a 'T' !

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 24-Jul-11 23:27:32

Not just racist groups, paedophile rings and all manner of hateful people populate the internet, discovering they are not alone. What were once solitary weirdos can quickly find they're part of a movement....

MrBloomsNursery Sun 24-Jul-11 23:30:52

maypole Are you describing extremist muslims or extremists of all types?

Also another question - Did Breivik state any kind of hatred against other cultures and races, such as jews or black people? Or was it just aimed at Muslims?

MrBloomsNursery Sun 24-Jul-11 23:31:39

Some have described his document as very similar to Mein Kampf.

schomberg Sun 24-Jul-11 23:31:42

Agree that YABVU to be surprised. The thing about human beings is we're all totally mental. Judging by the DM comments section on a whole range of news stories a very popular conspiracy theory amongst internet folk is about a "New World Order" (there is a Wikipedia page) that is using immigration and teen sex to destroy individual countries and introduce world government. It wouldn't surprise me if the people who post about the "NWO" are the same sort posting this stuff. To that end a lot of the stuff that appears in this guy's manifesto often appears in mainstream websites or in comments on mainstream websites. Check out this search of the Daily Mail website for the phrase "cultural marxism" which is what this chap was so concerned about.

This is slightly OT but as a measure of the crazy things people believe:

"Almost half of all African-Americans believe that HIV, the virus that causes Aids, is man-made, more than a quarter believe it was produced in a government laboratory and one in eight think it was created and spread by the CIA, according to a study released by Rand Corporation and the University of Oregon." (The Guardian, 26/01/05)

One in five Americans believe Barack Obama was born in Kenya and is therefore ineligible to be President. (Guardian, 05/05/11)

One in five Canadians believe that 9/11 was an inside plot or conducted by Israel.

Something like only a third of Americans believe the official story of the JFK assassination.

A quarter of people in the UK think the moon landings were faked.

28% of 18-29 year olds in the UK aren't sure if the Holocaust happened.

Type "Norway" + "false flag" in to google and you'll see how quickly the same people applied the same conspiracy theory template to these attacks.

nailak Sun 24-Jul-11 23:31:45

extremists are extremists, they will find something to get worked up about, that doesnt bother the rest of us, regardless of their religion or agenda.

the muslim brotherhood? in egypt you mean? surely they want islam in a muslim country? how are they linked to terrorism? have i missed something?

lady thumb, muslims dont want europe to be muslim? i thought even the terrorist attacks werent due to that reason but some other thing, about revenge for war in iraq or something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now