Talk

Advanced search

To think my friend should stay well clear of this man or am I overreacting?

(30 Posts)
nojustificationneeded Sun 24-Jul-11 19:31:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZillionChocolate Sun 24-Jul-11 19:33:08

Sounds like it's over before it got started - don't think you have anything to worry about!

FabbyChic Sun 24-Jul-11 19:33:09

It's rude to send really short replies in response to someone who is trying to have a conversation with you.

I think she should cut contact with this man now, it's going nowhere.

Pootles2010 Sun 24-Jul-11 19:33:12

Avoid like plague.

squeakytoy Sun 24-Jul-11 19:33:42

Oh dear... lucky escape with that one.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sun 24-Jul-11 19:33:42

Pmsl he's not gonna get very far is he!

nojustificationneeded Sun 24-Jul-11 19:45:15

Dozer Sun 24-Jul-11 19:59:19

He sounds charming. Yanbu.

ThePopsicleKat Sun 24-Jul-11 20:08:52

Does your friend intend to keep messaging him? I wouldn't have bothered to reply after that message.

nojustificationneeded Sun 24-Jul-11 20:16:21

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Sun 24-Jul-11 20:17:56

He's a wanker. Thankfully she's not involved so cutting him off will be the work of a moment.

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Sun 24-Jul-11 20:18:45

She doesn't owe him any explanation! Delete, ignore, block. He is a ripple in the ocean of her life. Soon deleted, soon forgotten.

SheCutOffTheirTails Sun 24-Jul-11 20:21:09

"It's rude to send really short replies in response to someone who is trying to have a conversation with you."

No it isn't

confused

What Crazed Needy Psycho school of internet etiquette did you attend?

lubeybooby Sun 24-Jul-11 20:23:48

YANBU YANBU YANBU YANBU

After years of internet dating on and off I can categorically state with no doubt whatsoever that this man should be run away from. VERY very fast. Block and delete.

DoMeDon Sun 24-Jul-11 20:54:34

YANBU - He does sound like one to avoid.

Having said that- I agree short messages, like she sent in response, do not lead to converstation and I wouldn't continue messaging someone who replied that way twice (no matter the reason).

What was he supposed to say back to 'ha ha ;oP' - all a bit childish IMO.

Vicky2011 Sun 24-Jul-11 20:59:32

Avoid. Like. The. Plague.

razzlebathbone Sun 24-Jul-11 21:04:14

confused

What a catch.

fgaaagh Sun 24-Jul-11 21:05:13

Why does she feel the need to explain or justify herself to this random person?

She owes him nothing. He's just some random person that might have hit it off with her, or not. Since the clues point to him being a wanker, she needs to learn that SHE isn't obligated or in debt to do any explaining. I know that's harder to do than say, but I would find it worrying that she's of the mindset that she has to justify herself to even relative strangers this early in the dating game. There are a lot of twats and time wasters around - if she gets this involved with all of them when there are warning bells this early she's going to be in it for the long haul, and dating should be fun - not about justifying yourself to others or having others dictate your behaviour.

YANBU.

Lifeissweet Sun 24-Jul-11 21:07:54

I absolutely don't see the problem with short replies, but even if I did, what sets the alarm bells off is being effectively 'told off' by a man who is supposed to be trying to present his best side at this stage. Neediness is not good, paranoia is not good, telling off the woman he is supposed to be getting to know is a real worry. He clearly has issues. I agree. Find a hill and head for it. Quickly.

Lifeissweet Sun 24-Jul-11 21:08:11

I mean that your friend should...

Strawbezza Sun 24-Jul-11 21:08:17

Lucky escape on your friend's part. She should just delete him and move on. No way does she owe him an explanation!

Spuddybean Sun 24-Jul-11 21:13:00

how can this sir Galahad still be single!?!

i would stay very far away from him - he sounds bonkers.

DoMeDon Sun 24-Jul-11 21:13:34

Maybe he told her off cos he's fed up of trying to strile up witty banter or in-depth chat and gets a lot of lol-ing smiley face shit back..... or he's a knobber!

nojustificationneeded Sun 24-Jul-11 21:30:33

Mandy2003 Sun 24-Jul-11 21:35:49

What a tosser! At least he didn't start asking pervy questions about the daughter.

Hope it wasn't this German cartoon he was on about (admittedly not a fly!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: