Talk

Advanced search

To point out we have an etiquette topic....

(17 Posts)
LynetteScavo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:15:12

....and request posters use it.

Thank you.

prudaloo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:16:52

confused

ThePiperAtTheGatesOfDawn Fri 22-Jul-11 21:16:53

I went to school with etty Ket

LynetteScavo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:18:09

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/etiquette

Here, for your convenience.

Hassled Fri 22-Jul-11 21:19:08

Really poor etiquette to start a thread about etiquette not in the etiquette section, you know wink.

I yearn for the day MNHQ will let me file threads appropriately. I want the power to shift AIBU: What Would You Do? threads into the little-used WWYD topic, for example.

OvO Fri 22-Jul-11 21:19:09

I think the correct etiquette here would be for you to sent us all handwritten notes asking us to use that forum.

Fooffy Fri 22-Jul-11 21:19:43

Ok. Is this pertaining to something in particular? What's your beef Lynette? smile

Hassled Fri 22-Jul-11 21:20:49

What's the etiquette on posting "Really, don't mention it. It was nothing." on threads where the OP has asked for specific advice and never returns to say thank you? Acceptable?

InfestationofLannisters Fri 22-Jul-11 21:25:50

Do we really?

I haven't been invited and I was brought up to believe that guests honour the hosts with their presence rather than the other way around.

But there is still this board. I am generally very forthright on Bridezilla threads so I'll stay here thanks grin

InfestationofLannisters Fri 22-Jul-11 21:26:58

I really want a handwritten note from the OP now.

Can it be scented?

LynetteScavo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:27:18

My beef is that I invented the etiquette topic [proud] but people are ignoring it, and posting etiquette questions in chat. <sigh>

It really is poor form.

Yes, I agree, OvO, I should send you all a hand written note, but I'm a working mother with 3 DC, blah, blah, blah.....

LynetteScavo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:29:04

InfestationofLannisters, scented is so 80's, but I will use my best fountain pen and Smithson note paper if you provide your address.

LynetteScavo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:30:32

Hassled, you need to post in the etiquette topic!

How many times do I have to tell you?

<<looks stern>>

blondieminx Fri 22-Jul-11 21:31:22

I suspect people post here instead as there is some chance other mumsnetters will respond. Just checked the etiquette forum and there's only been 4 active threads this month!

LynetteScavo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:34:35

Yes, because people keep posting in chat.....it's such bad form.

I think you will find people do respond if you bother to post in the etiquette section.

InfestationofLannisters Fri 22-Jul-11 21:37:17

Oh, I didn't realise that scented writing paper (that's U isn't it?) is déclassé blush

Respect for getting a whole new section started though!

pepperrabbit Fri 22-Jul-11 21:37:49

ooh an etiquette topic - rushes off to start a thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now