Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that maybe, (EEK) I'm peri meno fucking pausal??

(13 Posts)
monstermoods Fri 22-Jul-11 21:12:09

NOOOOOOO , 42 , I've a mirino coil in, so no idea if periods are getting irregular, just don't have the fuckers..... keep having, well not hot flushes but hot SWEATS, just my face and head, really really obvious and embarrassing, I say keep having, every few days, but bad enough....
Then, last 2days just WEEPING, insecure snappy and emotional...DD1 left Junior School on Tuesday, but emotional response seems WAY to big!
Sooo if I can't tell eratic periods, what are the other signs?
And do I dread it or embrace it?
I'm way too young yes?
<sobs in anticipation that NO, I'm not....>

sleepindogz Fri 22-Jul-11 21:12:52

you are pregnant

TattyDevine Fri 22-Jul-11 21:13:32

Um, you might be.

How much are you drinking? If not all that much, then, who knows, quite possibly...

<<backs quietly out of room>>

TattyDevine Fri 22-Jul-11 21:14:29

The statistical likelihood of that (pregnancy) with a Mirena as opposed to being peri menopausal at 42 is rather low.

slartybartfast Fri 22-Jul-11 21:15:33

its just a stage,
it will pass

<<helpful>>

when did you mum get the menopause? <<is that relevant>>

timidviper Fri 22-Jul-11 21:16:52

TBH Until you've reached menopause you don't know for certain it was the run up. I've been blaming my being a raging bitch on perimenopause for years now but who knows!

Bearcrumble Fri 22-Jul-11 21:18:59

Surely doing a blood test for hormone levels would tell?

monstermoods Fri 22-Jul-11 21:19:19

definatly not pregnant....
drinking too much wine?
definatly maybe....
really? simple as that??

monstermoods Fri 22-Jul-11 21:20:54

not having had sex for 2 years should pretty much cancel out the chances of being pregnant no?

sigh

TattyDevine Fri 22-Jul-11 21:23:45

Hot sweats, particularly in the morning when you are rushing around, can be a sign that you had a glass or two too many, even if you didn't feel pissed.

Bad moods can be a sign of the same.

That said, both can be a sign of the dreaded menopause, or the fact that your ailing hormones cant' get away with hitting the bottle as it used to, and therefore, a bit of both.

How much wine are we talking? Don't have to answer, just ask yourself.

monstermoods Fri 22-Jul-11 21:24:38

but if no periods, what other signs do I look for? Or can I just stick my head back in the bucket marked "far too young" for a while?
PLEASE?

Eglu Fri 22-Jul-11 21:26:46

I would check what age your Mum went through it. Women in my family go through it at 37-40. I am 34 and just had my last baby luckily as I don't have much longer left.

monstermoods Fri 22-Jul-11 21:27:29

Darn you TattyDevine..... mmm too much wine....
gonna slink off now and finish the bottle go to bed....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now