Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be upset at the lack of support for

(15 Posts)
PIMSoclock Fri 22-Jul-11 15:06:58

an attempt to raise awareness on
this really important issue in a chat thread?

Can't help but think if I'd posted about considering being a surrogate for my mother and her toy boy, I might have has more support?

PIMSoclock Fri 22-Jul-11 15:07:38

*had more support

Tee2072 Fri 22-Jul-11 15:09:00

Maybe if you linked to the thread in question, we could tell you why didn't get the support you think you deserve?

NerfHerder Fri 22-Jul-11 15:12:48

Not everyone can look at youtube videos (phone issues)

TheRealTillyMinto Fri 22-Jul-11 15:16:00

the link is A personal appeal from James Cracknell - Use your head. Use your helmet

PIMSoclock Fri 22-Jul-11 15:16:08

It's a great video from James cracknell one year following his accident reminding everyone on the importance of wearing a helmet when riding a bike smile

TheRealTillyMinto Fri 22-Jul-11 15:26:19

i always wear a helmet. i came off my bike. totally my own fault. did not hit my head but did hit the ground so hard everything went haywire & i could only see in black and white/did not know which way was up/could not speak etc.

...but because i was wearing a helmet, when the paramedics checked me over, they could quickly tell i did not bashed my head & i was going to be ok v soon. big relief for everyone & i did not use up expensive, limited NHS resouces. still had concussion for 3 weeks. makes you think how i would have been without it if my head had hit the road....

Tee2072 Fri 22-Jul-11 15:28:31

And what's the thread that got no support?

PIMSoclock Fri 22-Jul-11 15:29:21

Trtm
Soo glad to hear you were ok!

I wasn't wearing a helmet, I was young and thought I was invincible!! I was soo wrong. I ended up with a broken skull, speech and balance problems.
Totally avoidable if I'd been wearing a helmet.
Half the kids in the street cycle without one and it makes me sooo sad
I can't watch

PIMSoclock Fri 22-Jul-11 15:29:58

Tee, on a mobile device so can't link sorry blush

PIMSoclock Fri 22-Jul-11 15:31:25

From some shameless bumping I have a few more posters on it.
But the more support the better. It's a subject close to my heart and my broken head smile

NerfHerder Fri 22-Jul-11 15:33:31

Ah right... no idea who he is...

I do think everyone should wear helmets when cycling though!

TheRealTillyMinto Fri 22-Jul-11 15:33:43

i hope you are ok now...

BluddyMoFo Fri 22-Jul-11 15:33:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheRealTillyMinto Fri 22-Jul-11 15:33:58

can you link to your original thread?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now