Talk

Advanced search

To think that CD producers should have to put warnings on the blurb

(4 Posts)
Spagbolagain Fri 22-Jul-11 13:54:30

To tell you that the CD is full of children singing. And I don't mean in a nice, trained choir sort of way, I mean as in a classroom full of untrained child voices doing shouty singing (roughly in tune, but completely unbeautiful).

I just bought a new CD for DS in the car, full of great songs and rhymes. But I honestly can't listen to it, it's so grating. You can't hear the words properly either. I wouldn't choose to listen to adults who do not know how to sing properly, so why would anybody think it's ok for children? (the exception obviously being your own children, who sound beautiful whatever noise they actually produce). Of course children should be encouraged to sing, but dont record it and then SELL it to me, especially without any sort of a warning. DS doesn't seem too keen either.

So why make these sorts of CDs at all? It just isn't a nice sound. Or maybe it's just me......

DontCallMePeanut Fri 22-Jul-11 14:07:12

YANBU! How horrible sad

charleneanne Fri 22-Jul-11 18:38:16

bloody moaner

Spagbolagain Fri 22-Jul-11 19:52:49

Listened again this afternoon, nope still horrible.

Does nobody wish to tell me I am a curmudgeon, missing a vital part of my humanity, that I take exception to those sweet, innocent voices uplifted in song?
Hmph, suppose moaner will do,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now