Talk

Advanced search

To think if the toilets are 3 foot away

(28 Posts)
Pippinintherain Fri 22-Jul-11 12:31:56

You don't piss in the shower?

At the swimming pool this morning. I nipped to the loo and heard a woman come in with her 2 kids.

The toilets and showers are in the same room, very close to each other. I was in a cubicle and heard her say to her daughter "Just turn the shower on and have one in there, I am". Then "Have you had a wee? Right lets go back in the pool then"

The showers were like a wet room so their piss will have been running down the floor into the drain.

AIBU to think she's a mucky cow and could have just walked into a cubicle and used the toilet for a piss?

BluddyMoFo Fri 22-Jul-11 12:33:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stupefy Fri 22-Jul-11 12:35:46

That is GROSS.

TartyDoris Fri 22-Jul-11 12:37:04

If they turned the shower on, it's wrong. If they were having a shower anyway, it's fine. In Brazil there are signs in the showers telling you to do it. It saves water.

Pippinintherain Fri 22-Jul-11 12:38:21

They weren't going to have a shower as they went straight back in the pool.

I recognised the very loud voice I'd been hearing all morning!

stupefy Fri 22-Jul-11 12:42:49

Quite alright to piss in your own shower, NOT alright to piss where other people are walking around barefoot. It's completely foul.

EndoplasmicReticulum Fri 22-Jul-11 13:09:11

Yes, they should have used the toilet.

But if you are completely grossed out by the idea of other peoples' wee you probably shouldn't go to swimming pools.

buzzsore Fri 22-Jul-11 13:10:37

grin at bluddymofo.

Gingefringe Fri 22-Jul-11 14:30:53

I'm surprised they got out of the pool to take a piss!

DoMeDon Fri 22-Jul-11 14:50:31

Great minds Mofo, great minds grin

Pendeen Fri 22-Jul-11 14:56:00

Reminds me of the story of the attendant who shouted at a little boy for weeing in the swimming pool.

His mum protested that it was unfair for him to shout at her son because everyone did it.

The attendant said "Yes I know but not everyone does it from the diving board"!

ReindeerBollocks Fri 22-Jul-11 15:02:42

<crosses swimming off the summer activities list>

FeelingaBitSick Fri 22-Jul-11 15:20:05

I've always been really afraid to wee in the pool because I heard some pools have dye in them that reacts with the urine and shows you up! Probably an urban myth but you never know....

Sorry, OP YANBU, if they'd gone to all the effort of going into the shower area I'm sure they could've made it the extra few feet to the toilets!

Andrewofgg Fri 22-Jul-11 15:59:43

It's a myth, Feeling, I tried it with a little bit of blotting paper concealed in my hand. Mind you, I was then an inquisitive teenager and am now - well, a good deal older - so maybe there is a new dye, but I doubt it.

BluddyMoFo Fri 22-Jul-11 16:05:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NettoSuperstar Fri 22-Jul-11 16:06:20

This is why I don't go to public pools.

Andrewofgg Fri 22-Jul-11 16:10:26

No Bluddy, I pissed on a bit of blotting paper in my hotel room and then went down to the pool with it. Pure scientific research.

oldraver Fri 22-Jul-11 16:58:56

I wonder if this is why our local pool has the showers more or less at the side of the pool in full view of everyone ?

EndoplasmicReticulum Fri 22-Jul-11 19:05:16

No dye in the pool. Consider swim nappies for a moment. They are only designed to prevent the escape of solids. Not to keep in wee.

MissPenteuth Fri 22-Jul-11 19:08:30

Good point Ensoplasmic (and I love your name btw). If the dye did exist, the baby pool would probably look like Ribena shock

MissPenteuth Fri 22-Jul-11 19:08:56

Gah, Endoplasmic even.

Pippinintherain Fri 22-Jul-11 20:12:25

I expect there to be piss in the pool but the pool is treated.

Pee running freely across the floor does gross me out a little.

Andrewofgg Fri 22-Jul-11 20:38:15

Oh lord, MissPenteuth, you paint a wonderful picture there! grin

Muckyhighchair Fri 22-Jul-11 20:55:35

They have wee dye in some pools in America! Fact!

MissBetsyTrotwood Fri 22-Jul-11 20:59:48

Eww.

Though on our way home from nursery today I rounded the corner to find DS weeing up the tree outside our shop. We live 3 doors away from this. He ran off up the street shouting 'I love a wild wee!' blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now