Talk

Advanced search

To be so angry at my uncle am fully prepared to be told I am but he just makes me so mad.

(20 Posts)
Filibear Fri 22-Jul-11 11:07:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

scurryfunge Fri 22-Jul-11 11:11:26

Why not get together with your family and discuss what you are going to do about the financial abuse of his relatives. Not sure you can do too much about his attitude though. If you think he is fraudulently claiming benefits then report him.

ImperialBlether Fri 22-Jul-11 11:12:27

How old is he? Is he on sickness benefits or on the dole? If he's on sickness benefits, I would have thought he'd have to have regular medical check ups - surely he must be diagnosed with something? If he's on the dole, wouldn't he be on Job Seeker's Allowance? Don't they try to make him apply for jobs?

Your mum shouldn't let him claim an allowance for caring - she is silly to accept that he's done that when he doesn't do anything for it. Doesn't she need the money?

Who does he live with?

Filibear Fri 22-Jul-11 11:12:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Filibear Fri 22-Jul-11 11:14:20

scurryfunge Fri 22-Jul-11 11:15:49

It would probably cause too much of a rift if you reported him but that is what bullies rely on. Can you approach him directly and tell him you know exactly what he is up to and that you won't tolerate poor behaviour.

scurryfunge Fri 22-Jul-11 11:16:52

If your grandad relies on him for company, can the family remedy that in another way?

Cocoflower Fri 22-Jul-11 11:20:19

Im suprised you have this much patience for so long angry

Blu Fri 22-Jul-11 11:20:40

Your Mum or aunty should claim the carers allowance!

Choccy83 Fri 22-Jul-11 11:24:47

report him. benefit cheats steal from all of us. what would i give to have £70k in the bank!!

Cocoflower Fri 22-Jul-11 11:26:12

I thought if you had more than 6k in savings you werent entitled to benefits? Or at least not some of them?

So no wonder he wants to hide 70k if so.....

TheProvincialLady Fri 22-Jul-11 11:29:31

I would report him to the benefits people this very minute.

TurkeyBurgerThing Fri 22-Jul-11 11:46:34

People slate Cameron, but hopefully when this government finally stop people like this shithead sponging from taxpayers then he'll get an ugly shock.

He sounds like a vile, selfish pathetic twat of a man. You are not alone either, I have one VERY similar in my family and I despise his very existance.

If you can get enough evidence then report him.

5Foot5 Fri 22-Jul-11 13:19:33

£70,000!!

How on earth as he managed to save that much when he is living on benefits?

Could he in fact be doing some jobs on the side when he is supposedly visiting his mate and not declaring it?

I think you should report it definitely.

I know some people are long-term unemployed through no fault of their own but you uncle sounds like he is taking the p**s and with that amount of savings he is definitely not entitled to benefits.

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Fri 22-Jul-11 13:22:25

He sounds like a fucking wanker. I would possibly shop him to the benefit people. Harsh but he just sounds horrible. And that poor elderly relative being accused of stealing his money!

Columbia999 Fri 22-Jul-11 13:25:35

I'd be straight on the phone to report the scrounging, greedy, thieving twat. He's stealing benefits that some genuine people can't even get. angry

hairfullofsnakes Fri 22-Jul-11 13:53:34

Agree with columbia - I despair that people who really need benefits can miss out and that taxpayers bear the brunt because others abuse this system

Filibear Fri 22-Jul-11 14:14:24

YellowDinosaur Fri 22-Jul-11 14:19:14

I wouldn't shop him yet - you couldn't prove that the 70K is his. I'd be much more devious than this (and hey its been going on his whole life so a few more months are neither here or there).

I'd be strongly advising the elderly relative to give him his money back in order to protect themselves given that he is shouting about them stealing off him. Hopefully they will be persuaded pretty easily.

Then when the money is in his own account I'd be making the call. Quick smart.

Or, alternatively (and a lot less honestly but frankly he is a cunt who deserves it) I'd leave it all as it is and then when said elderly relative dies this 70K will form part of their estate won't it and he won't be able to get his mucky hands on it!!! That might even be better revenge.

iwanttoseethezoo Fri 22-Jul-11 14:23:51

I would have to report it - you can remain anonymous, I'm sure. 70K??? How on earth has he got that if he's never worked (ggrr). Lazy arse. sounds like he's been indulged his whole life. Time for it to stop!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now