Talk

Advanced search

To not answer the door when this person comes to collect from Freecycle

(19 Posts)
nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 22:32:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 21-Jul-11 22:36:02

Nah, don't answer the door. Text them back and say you have given it to someone else as advised at 9.

Meglet Thu 21-Jul-11 22:36:50

Let someone else have it.

nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 22:41:47

nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 22:57:34

LineRunner Thu 21-Jul-11 22:58:22

And???

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 21-Jul-11 22:59:01

What does shug xoxoxox mean?

What did you do? Have they gone?

BelaLugosiinStripes Thu 21-Jul-11 22:59:11

Break it in front of them? [petulant]

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 21-Jul-11 22:59:28

Is it shug as in short for sugar?

If so, kill them.

nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 23:01:51

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 21-Jul-11 23:03:26

They deserve NOWT

nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 23:05:15

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Thu 21-Jul-11 23:09:15

I read Shug as the name. Randomly common in Scotland if your name is Hugh os something.

AnnieLobeseder Thu 21-Jul-11 23:10:33

Oh dear, we had someone like that once. We sold DD1's toddler bed on eBay, buyers collected it but not at the time we had arranged so I was all in a fluster, didn't have it ready and forgot to give them the slats for the mattress to go on.

They called later to let me know I'd forgotten them, I said fine, you can collect them tomorrow. They just turned up at 10pm demanding them, and DH looked all aggrieved with me when I was rather snippy with them.

Some people just have no concept of timing and good timing manners.

HellonHeels Fri 22-Jul-11 10:07:28

You're very patient! I would have moved on to the next person after not hearing back from them about the time they were first intending to come.

Have you given it to someone else now?

LadyClariceCannockMonty Fri 22-Jul-11 13:09:42

I think you're too patient too. I am anal strict but fair on Freecycle; everyone gets one chance to bugger up the timeslot and explain/apologise, and if they don't I offer the item to the next person (telling the first person that, too, obviously).

DingbatsFur Fri 22-Jul-11 13:26:30

Hi,
YANBU, you gave them plenty of chances. I give people one chance and then reoffer (unless it's something weird and I only have one taker smile ).

We had someone come to dig out a bamboo that was taking over the garden once. When they dug it out the guy turned to me and said 'I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of such a beautiful thing'. Was on the tip of my tongue to say 'oh you're quite right... I'll keep it now and put it in a pot'. Later we found they had left their shovel behind. I emailed them to tell them and arrange a time for them to collect it or offered to leave it around the front of the house, but no, they preferred to break into our backgarden while we were out and take back their shed.
hmm
Twerps.

DingbatsFur they took back a shed because of a missing shovel? You must have been furious.

At our old house we had a company quote us for fence panels. They told us delivery was free then added on £20 for delivery. DH argued the point, after they first insisted they had never said "free delivery" but then admitted the man who quoted us had made a mistake and said it was free delivery when it shouldn't have been and they gave in agreed to honour the quote.

Then they didn't turn up or ring to say why. DH rang them and they told them they had sold our panels to a regular customer who needed some in a hurry and we would have to wait. They denied ever having our phone number I knew they had it as I had left a lot of messages, all with the number, asking them to call me back. Then they accused DH of being abusive to them when they were arguing the toss about the free delivery issue. He wasn't, I'd been listening, and the worst he said was that if the man couldn't give a proper quote he shouldn't be taking orders.

In the end we told them to forget it and that we would order from someone else.

About two weeks later they rang us to say they were on the way with our fence panels. I told them we didn't want any and they said "You are Mrs X at WRONG ADDRESS HERE aren't you?"

"No, I'm Mrs Takethis at REAL ADDRESS HERE. You didn't turn up to deliver our fence panels because you sold them to someone else and then told me you hadn't got our phone number, which is strange because you just called it, and you lied about my husband. We cancelled our order because you were rude and unreliable."

"Well what am I supposed to do with all these fence panels?"

"Call your regular customer." And I put the phone down.

It doesn't sound like much but I was really pleased to have the last word in it all because for such a simple job it was made so complicated and dragged out for so long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now