Talk

Advanced search

To think DP is wrong to eat Ben and Jerry's from a bowl?

(33 Posts)
NervousNelly Thu 21-Jul-11 21:39:14

Surely it should only ever be eaten straight from the carton. With a teaspoon. This has quite unsettled me.

AIBU?

Kladdkaka Thu 21-Jul-11 21:41:38

Of course you're being unreasonable. It has to be eaten out of the bowl, in several small portions so you can plead complete surprise when someone notices the tub is completely empty.

SpecialFriedRice Thu 21-Jul-11 21:42:32

YANBU

Doesn't taste the same out a bowl!

girlylala0807 Thu 21-Jul-11 21:42:55

Dump him. smile

Jojay Thu 21-Jul-11 21:44:23

From the tub. But with a dessert spoon - teaspoon not nearly big enough.

'Tis the only way.

BornThisWayBaby Thu 21-Jul-11 21:45:36

YANBU Grounds for divorce I think.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Thu 21-Jul-11 21:45:37

YANBU - it comes in its own single-serving container. Is he a posh twat, or what? grin

HairyGrotter Thu 21-Jul-11 21:47:02

YANBU, why cause more washing up?

Dessert spoon here too, teaspoon?!! That's for tea, coffee and small child.

iscream Thu 21-Jul-11 21:47:36

He ibu and so are you. Ice-cream must be eaten out of a large sugar cone. It lasts much longer, and you can savour each delicious lick.

iscream AKA i scream for ice-cream.

AuntiePickleBottom Thu 21-Jul-11 21:50:51

yanbu, it has to be from the tub...iscream you can not put B&J on an icecream cone that is shocking

wineandcheese Thu 21-Jul-11 21:50:56

What kind of reprobate wouldn't use a bowl?! A must to avoid soggy cardboard taste contaminating the Phish Food (or whatever) smile

MonsterBookOfTysons Thu 21-Jul-11 21:52:08

YANBU and I use a teaspoon too makes it last longer grin

CurrySpice Thu 21-Jul-11 21:52:22

My DP throws cones away! shock

When I first saw him do this I did consider dumping him angry

It's a disgrace!!

HairyGrotter Thu 21-Jul-11 21:52:53

One word: Phish Food...BOOM

NervousNelly Thu 21-Jul-11 21:57:36

Haha at Dump him grin. I am considering it. And Posh Twat grin

But no no no to a cone. Too crunchy.

I thought I'd missed a trick with the teaspoon/dessert spoon, but Monster saved me - all the better to savour it.

Wineandcheese - it doesn't usually last long enough for the cardboard to go soggy.

LadyFlumpalot Thu 21-Jul-11 22:02:50

Oh good god no, YANBU!

Ben and Jerry's must be eaten from a tub. It's the law. YY to the tea-spoon as well.

The only ice cream that is allowed to be eaten from a bowel is Green and Blacks chocolate as it is best when just starting to melt as it goes all sticky and melty... hmmmmm....melty chocolatey goodness....

<<Drooly emoticon, Homer Simpson stylee>>

NervousNelly Thu 21-Jul-11 22:07:14

Oooh haven't tried Green and Blacks. I can eat lots of that whilst I am depressed at having had to throw out my boyfriend of 10 years over this travesty.

TheSkiingGardener Thu 21-Jul-11 22:07:48

I have just ordered some Heston blumenthingy salted caramel popcorn Icecream and now you are all confusing me with how best to imbibe drool eat it!

cheekeymonkey Thu 21-Jul-11 22:11:36

He's obviously a psycho - get ridgrin

NervousNelly Thu 21-Jul-11 22:18:28

OK cheekeymonkey, good advice. Hang on, let me just hide the ice cream first grin.

TiggyD Thu 21-Jul-11 22:29:59

It's only sad, desperate single women who eat from the bowl. The cardboardy taste helps to block the feelings of emptiness and dispair. It's a lot like watching box sets of Friends.

NervousNelly Thu 21-Jul-11 22:48:54

Ah that's ok then. I watch friends on E4, not the box set grin.

igetmorelovefromthecat Thu 21-Jul-11 22:52:23

I'm prepared to stick my neck on the line and say YABU. Unless you are planning on eating the whole tub in one go, in which case you deserve to be quite overweight.

I get a bit ickky about people doing this because then if I want to eat some after it has gone back in the freezer then I have to eat someone else's frozen slobber.

NervousNelly Thu 21-Jul-11 23:02:08

Well we are in a relationship, so have been know to share a bit more than frozen slobber grin.

You do have a point if we were serving it to guests as well, but it's just me and OH so I reckon that's ok plus we've been known to eat a tub in one sitting before.

chocolateyclur Thu 21-Jul-11 23:02:17

Hmm. On one hand, kick him out and eat the ice-cream in the intended way.

On the other hand, it hopefully means there's some left for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now