Talk

Advanced search

To stop eating so much crap I don't need and send the money I save to Somalia?

(6 Posts)
debka Thu 21-Jul-11 20:25:45

I can't watch the news with those poor poor women whose babies are dying, whilst I am eating far too much and getting fatter.

If we all did this, do you think it would make a difference?

SAL27 Thu 21-Jul-11 20:48:02

of course!!! i organised a charity event-dinner and dance for the pakistani victims of the flood last year and gave all the money i raised (£5,100 )- to the DEC and it made me feel sooooo good.

I am planning another event and have already starting fundraising. My DEC reference number) is EACAFUNDR040, of you can help in any way (ideas or contacts) or you can go on the DEC website and donate there or Donate £5 to provide safe drinking water for almost 8 people by texting AFRICA to 70000.

smile

nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 20:49:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

squeakytoy Thu 21-Jul-11 20:52:28

Sadly NJN is right sad .. there is money there, but it isnt getting to the people who need it...

SAL27 Thu 21-Jul-11 20:54:42

All we can do is try and help smile

TheRealTillyMinto Fri 22-Jul-11 11:35:05

Yes of course it will make a difference. it will save people's lives

1. Most of the money that was given to governments was international finance loans (the country takes a loan to 'develop'. the leaders keep as much of it as possible for themselves, saddling the country with the debt plus interest)
2. This money is going to proper charities with workers out there.

completely different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now