Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to share our mumsnet blunders??

(155 Posts)
cookielove Thu 21-Jul-11 17:26:54

I was just reading a post and it reminded me of when i was first on mumsnet and made a few blunders, the first posting in AIBU when i was a newbee shock

Although i never admitted it to any one then my next blunder in my confusion of many acronyms one was thinking that TIA was actually someone signing their post with their name <whoops> any who for any newbees out there who are in their first days of mumsnet this thread will make you see you are not alone, and also some what cleverer then cookielove grin

Come wise mumnetters share your blunders, your blushes and your mis understandings here smile

JamieAgain Thu 21-Jul-11 17:28:43

I posted on the wrong thread (was on several at one go). I was talking about a play I'd seen and posted "'Tis Pity she's A Whore" on a Behaviour Development thread about a 5 year old girl ......

Revealed far too much, it tipped into RL and have had to do numerous name changes because of it.

shakey1500 Thu 21-Jul-11 17:31:39

grin JamieAgain

AgentZigzag Thu 21-Jul-11 17:32:33

I did exactly the same thing cookie!

I questioned an OP because I thought the info she was giving didn't tally with other threads I'd seen her on (thinking she was signing it TIA because it was someone everyone else knew).

I even had a picture of her in my head grin

And started a thread about it in chat to let others point and laugh at me grin

alowVera Thu 21-Jul-11 17:32:48

Fmpacmr - In RL or MN

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 21-Jul-11 17:33:25

But why is this thread in AIBU?

You are still blundering!

AgentZigzag Thu 21-Jul-11 17:34:52

MN police raid! Quick leg it.

JamieAgain Thu 21-Jul-11 17:35:59

I had not been on forums, or used texting much before MN. I genuinely though Lol meant "Lots of Love"

cookielove Thu 21-Jul-11 17:37:16

Ha its in AIBU cause more people populate it and will see grin

JamieAgain - LOVE IT

tethersend Thu 21-Jul-11 17:38:22

I posted on a BF/FF thread

<trembles in corner at the very memory>

Riveninside Thu 21-Jul-11 17:38:38

nothing. not even a public hormone induced crisis that ended up in the meeja blush

Dorje Thu 21-Jul-11 17:39:52

What LOL means something other than lots o lurve??

Ooppsie doopsie grin

I had a major RL breach and have namechanged recently.

Hassled Thu 21-Jul-11 17:39:55

My very first post here was my very first post on a forum anywhere. I had no clue. I hijacked a thread about a teenage DD pleading for help with my own (then) teenage DD in a really "give me some attention NOW" sort of way. People were very kind and sweet about it.

cheekeymonkey Thu 21-Jul-11 17:41:45

What does x post mean?

Pagwatch Thu 21-Jul-11 17:41:45

grin at Riven

I remember that Jamie. The funny thing was that you were so mortified that you blundered around telling people and ended up telling far more people than had ever seen it

AgentZigzag Thu 21-Jul-11 17:44:13

x-post is posting at the same time as someone else cheekey.

BrainSurgeon Thu 21-Jul-11 17:44:42

I tried to make fun of LeQueen....
blush <runs>

JamieAgain Thu 21-Jul-11 17:46:53

Pag - I know. I like to draw attention to myself though blush

cheekeymonkey Thu 21-Jul-11 17:47:17

Thank you Agent

cookielove Thu 21-Jul-11 17:48:46

Jamie you are continuing to entertain us with your tale of woe!!

SirGin Thu 21-Jul-11 17:51:05

I mis posted ( thinking I was on a chat thread with friends ) that I was wearing my best pants ( in jest ) in the middle of a serious lone parent thread about Fathers for Justice. blush

SkipToTheEnd Thu 21-Jul-11 17:52:49

My first ever post was in AIBU and I was pretty certain I wasn't so I posted it from the other side of the story to see what people thought. I got killed. Everyone sided with 'her' and I was well and truely put in my place

I know now about the sock puppet / troll thing and can't believe I did it!

Maat Thu 21-Jul-11 17:57:45

I also thought there was an extraordinary large number of people called Tia on MN.

blush

alowVera Thu 21-Jul-11 17:58:03

Biggest ever blunder- I went to netmums first. Offended loads of people (not intentionally, well maybe a bit intentionally ) and decided to come here instead. And you guys are GREAT!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now