Talk

Advanced search

or are there just more bossy sods around on MN than I meet IRL?

(18 Posts)
saidthespiderwithahorridsmile Thu 21-Jul-11 17:18:38

I am regularly stunned by the number of people on MN who seem to want to walk into a roomful of people and start rearranging them and dictating who has which rights and who ought to be where

people in the wrong place on the bus, people using facilities they aren't entitled (buzz word) to, people doing things in the wrong order

are all these dictators really frustrated wedding planners or chess masters? Or are there just a lot of bossy buggers around here?

shakey1500 Thu 21-Jul-11 17:24:05

Who exactly are "these people"?

There's some strong characters for sure, but can you be more specific where the examples of the behaviour you describe have occurred?

saidthespiderwithahorridsmile Thu 21-Jul-11 17:25:49

LOL, nice try but I am NOT going to name names

I couldn't anyway - this is a general observation, hence the use of the word "regularly" in the OP

there are tons and tons of these threads, have you not noticed?

Tortington Thu 21-Jul-11 17:25:49

im just a gob behind a computer screen

how easy is it to mouth off from here?

very easy

valiumredhead Thu 21-Jul-11 17:26:02

Easy to always be right and bossy behind a computer screen wink

nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 17:27:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgentZigzag Thu 21-Jul-11 17:28:37

Thinking those things and doing something about it are two different things.

Most posters are saying it on MN so they don't explode at people in RL.

'People' in general are pretty irritating though aren't they spider? C'mon admit it, you've been pissed off at some wankstain nicking your parking space/trolley/last loaf of bread at some time in your life.

Tortington Thu 21-Jul-11 17:29:55

no necessarily true, but in general i do find that the absolute gobshytes on MN are quiet in real life and real life gobshytes are usually quiet on mn

so the ones who are mousy here are usually the ones at the meet ups who are rolling around outside trying to find a shoe whilst holding a champers bottle grin

Tortington Thu 21-Jul-11 17:30:47

the whole premis of the site is about your opinion - on one thing or another

reelingintheyears Thu 21-Jul-11 17:56:26

I'm a real life gobby cah.grin

BorderBinLiner Thu 21-Jul-11 18:36:39

Thing is in real life I have to keep quiet, on here no one knows I'm a dog. grin

alowVera Thu 21-Jul-11 18:44:27

I know loads of bossy sods in RL,

BeerTricksPotter Thu 21-Jul-11 18:44:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

alowVera Thu 21-Jul-11 18:45:08

At least on MN I can get a word in edgeways.

Northernlurker Thu 21-Jul-11 18:47:52

I am this assertive in real life grin If you ask me something in RL, if you ask me for a hug or for a kick up the backside I will deliver. If you are behaving like a total git I will make that clear too - though in a niceish way grin

AuntieMonica Thu 21-Jul-11 18:48:46

I'm reet bossy in RL

<shrugs>

Psammead Thu 21-Jul-11 18:50:57

I am horribly bossy.

Groovee Thu 21-Jul-11 18:51:10

I was standing undercover a couple of weeks ago waiting on the road train in York when a woman walked up and said "Could we stand in an orderly queue rather than this mish mash of people!" And we all flipping moved!!! I'm still pissed off I didn't say "no, you could stand behind us!!!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now