Talk

Advanced search

To wear the same dress to a wedding that I wore to another wedding the bride was at three years ago?

(38 Posts)
EmsieRo Thu 21-Jul-11 13:13:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EmsieRo Thu 21-Jul-11 13:14:35

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 21-Jul-11 13:15:45

I think you can wear whatever the hell you want (within reason) grin

And even if the bride did remember something you wore three years ago I can't imagine she will even notice.

Sirzy Thu 21-Jul-11 13:15:51

Of course it is, I doubt anyone would remember what you wore 3 years ago!

TeriHatchetJob Thu 21-Jul-11 13:16:20

definitely wear it as long as you feel comfy in it. no reason at all not to.

EggyMcEggMcSandwich Thu 21-Jul-11 13:16:20

Absolutely ok! The bride and groom want you there, not a brand new frock grin

LoopyLiz88 Thu 21-Jul-11 13:17:02

Wear what you you want. The bride will be more interested in her dress anyway

natandjacob Thu 21-Jul-11 13:18:40

as long as it looks presentable and you feel good in it i cant see any reason why not! it is lovely to go out and get a new dress for an occasion but you end up spending a small fortune. no one will notice and if they do they're probably not worth the bother

ZacharyQuack Thu 21-Jul-11 13:19:12

Of course you can. Tis Middleton Chic!

CointreauVersial Thu 21-Jul-11 13:19:52

Assuming you don't appear regularly in the pages of Hello magazine, no-one will care (or remember) what you wore three years ago.

I survived on the same wedding suit for years!

iwanttoseethezoo Thu 21-Jul-11 13:19:53

yanbu - if Kate middleton can wear the same dress twice, so can you! It's bang on trend smile

KikkiK Thu 21-Jul-11 13:20:17

I would wear the dress again. As others have said, the bride will have too much else to think about to remember what you were wearing three years ago and the other guests probably won't remember either!

Ephiny Thu 21-Jul-11 13:20:50

Of course it's OK! I really doubt anyone will notice or care anyway, I certainly wouldn't remember exactly who was wearing what at a wedding I went to three years ago (unless it was something really unusual/inappropriate!)

I do find it so odd that women feel they have to buy a new outfit for every occasion, and we're supposed to be somehow ashamed to be seen wearing the same dress more than once - I bet most of the men will be wearing the same suit they wear to every wedding!

LiegeAndLief Thu 21-Jul-11 13:22:18

No one will remember what you wore and even if they did it's still fine.

Due to lack of funds I have worn the same dress to every wedding and function type thing I've been to for the last six years. No one has commented (I'm rather hoping no one has noticed..)

supergreenuk Thu 21-Jul-11 13:27:43

My only concern for you would be if you were in wedding party photos a lot and will be this time too.

Appart from that go for it.

sue52 Thu 21-Jul-11 13:28:32

Wear it. I couldn't remember what people wore 3 months ago let alone 3 years.

Mrsxstitch Thu 21-Jul-11 13:28:57

Go for it unless it looks like a wedding dress. If you have a shrug or a shawl you can wear with it to make it look slightly different it would look different in the photos.

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Thu 21-Jul-11 13:30:56

Who the fuck would care?

Psammead Thu 21-Jul-11 13:32:09

Why wouldn't you?

Why would anyone remember? I don't remember what I was wearing 3 days ago, how would anyone remember what someone else wore three years ago?

You could wear different jewellery with it or summat.

blackteaplease Thu 21-Jul-11 13:33:48

I would say wear what you like, but thanks to the perils of facebook people might notice. So it depends on whether you are bothered about that.

For what it's worth I remembered what outfits people were wearing at my wedding but couldn't care less if they wore the same outfit again. Not many people are made of money!

EmsieRo Thu 21-Jul-11 13:43:46

petaluma Thu 21-Jul-11 13:45:30

hell yeah. As long as you don't look better than the bride, she won't care wink

If you're bothered about your fashion credentials, make a thing of it and get some cheap but really up to date accessories. Without seeing the dress, I can't really tell what would work but things I can think of ...

if it has a full skirt, you could get a cheap net skirt to wear underneath (you could buy some netting and sew it onto an elasticated belt)

Wide belt - bright fluro colours are in too so if that works, that might be an option, or a brightly coloured ballet shrug. New Look do nice ones for very little cash.

Rather than a fascinator, which can be dated, what about a really nice hair accessory? Again, high st places such as Top Shop do lovely ones.

Have fun, after all once you've had a few glasses of the fizzy stuff, no one will give a shit. ;)

EmsieRo Thu 21-Jul-11 13:45:50

Unless the bride is a complete fashionista, it's extremely unlikely she will register what anyone else is wearing on her wedding day, she'll be far too tied up with what's going on.

Buy a lightweight wrap to go with it if you want to make it look a little different (and it might hide the extra snugness a little as well wink)

EmsieRo Thu 21-Jul-11 13:47:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now