Talk

Advanced search

To think children are weird?

(28 Posts)
nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 11:15:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 21-Jul-11 11:47:41

Random shouting/laughing/singing etc. behaviour. Unsteady gait. Fondness for dressing up in bizarre clothes, lying on floors and flinging armsl lovingly around perfect strangers. They're like miniature non-alcoholic winos, aren't they?

ddubsgirl Thu 21-Jul-11 11:50:41

yep 1 of my 9y old twins told me pj`s are for babies and hes a man and hes not having any kids and hes going to die a virgin grin cue me rolling on the floor laughing!

thisisyesterday Thu 21-Jul-11 11:53:16

yes, they are very, very weird

BuckBuckMcFate Thu 21-Jul-11 11:53:19

grin at miniature non alcoholic winos.

allbie Thu 21-Jul-11 11:54:13

Boys slapping their own heads and yelling 'ow!' for their friends to laugh at!

nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 12:25:18

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 21-Jul-11 12:27:21

The 'baby pet rats' are imaginary creatures, yes?....

nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 12:36:57

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 21-Jul-11 12:38:09

And you think he's weird.... ?

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 21-Jul-11 12:38:27

'she'... I meant

natandjacob Thu 21-Jul-11 12:47:33

weirdest beings on the planet! love them smile

nojustificationneeded Thu 21-Jul-11 12:49:21

QueenCee Thu 21-Jul-11 13:03:02

My 9 yr ok'd nephew was drinking coke through a straw the other day. He often speaks in a funny voice and deliberately mispronounces words. Imagine my mums surprise when she asked him what he'd been doing and he replied "I've been sucking cock!"
my poor mum nearly died until my niece explained to her he meant sucking coke throughhis straw!!!

DooinMeCleanin Thu 21-Jul-11 13:07:04

I caught dd2 laying with her hide and seek Scooby a couple of days ago. She hid him in a cuboard and walked into the bathroom to count to ten, ready to come and find him. I thought I'd help her out a bit and moved him for her. She ran in opened the cuboard, looked at me and said..

"Well, how am I meant to find him, now you have moved him?"

confused

I tried to explain the game to her. Scooby has a little remote control that tells you warmer, colder, etc, to help you locate him. I suggested she hide him and ask dd1 to find him. She hid him. Ran upto dd1 and said...

"Will you play hide and seek Scooby with me? It's your turn to find him. I have hidden him in the fridge"

grin

pubquizhurtmybrain Thu 21-Jul-11 13:21:22

DD1 is at the stage of making up her own songs now, her favourite being
"Ariel went to get some chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, Ariel went to get some chocolate" (repeat x20) whilst twirling around living room.
I got bored into a trance like state with it thought she could accept challenge of making new lyrics, cue new favourite song
"Ariel came home then, home then, home then..." (repeat x ?)... she is still at it confused... when will it end??

DontCallMePeanut Thu 21-Jul-11 13:25:20

DS spent half of yesterday telling me that he's going to be the Little Mermaid when he grows up. Oh. And singing Ursula's song... confused

GetOffOfMyCloud Thu 21-Jul-11 13:34:03

My niece has decided at the tender age of 3.5 yrs that she doesn't want to be a girl any more because she doesn't want to get married. We have tried to explain that she doesn't ever have to get married if she doesn't want to but because all the grown up ladies she knows are married (they really are, every one of us!), she thinks that's the only way, and her only way out of it is to become a boy confused.

Don't think she's thought about how to achieve that but we will try to postpone any potential gender reassignment surgery for a little while longer yet!!

Psammead Thu 21-Jul-11 13:43:48

My niece is very adament that she used to be a boy when she was a baby. I think it was because she had short hair.

They are a bit like old lushes, aren't they? Unpredictable, swinging from affection to anger at the drop of a hat, falling down, singing etc.

itisnearlysummer Thu 21-Jul-11 16:45:57

DD what is the difference between horses and ponies?

"Ponies fly. Horses don't".

joric Thu 21-Jul-11 16:52:48

Very weird and very funny grin

BellaBearisWideAwake Thu 21-Jul-11 16:55:16

Allbie, my son does that. Why?

alowVera Thu 21-Jul-11 16:59:26

I called my DD1 (5) a weirdo the other day, (because she was just being strange) to which she replied "every family needs one".

harassedandherbug Thu 21-Jul-11 17:01:16

My dd (5) spends hours out on her trampoline bouncing away and singing her tuneless made up songs at the top of her voice. Neighbours must love us grin.

muminthecity Thu 21-Jul-11 17:04:56

My DD spends half her life tottering around in my high heels, handbag over her arm, talking/singing nonsense in an American accent. She is very strange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now